Print Story keep on keeping on
Misc.
By illsorted (Thu Apr 28, 2005 at 06:16:24 AM EST) (all tags)
the random crap that comprises the last seven months of my life.

my last diary here was in August of last year. perhaps the time has come for an update.

I was going to write a long entry, detailing the shit that has gone down, but it can be more easily summed up in list format:

• we moved, it sucked. moving day ended up being the worst, most stress filled day of my life up to that point.

• my new job rocks. the team I work on is full of good folks, which makes days at the office a lot easier. we maintain the server infrastructure, which consists of 400 or so machines across the state (most of which reside in town). the only drawback is that it's a microsoft shop.

• I am now single. you may remember me complaining about the woes of my relationship with J. things only went downhill from there. after moving, each day was progressively worse, making the six months after we moved extremely depressing and tedious. I couldn't take it any more...it was either end the relationship, or end my life. seems a bit ridiculous now, but that's how it felt.

those are the highlights, I guess. now I spend my days figuring out how to rebuild a life of my own here. it's a painstaking and lonely process, much more difficult than I had imagined.

due to the work environment, I have much less company time to do things like read HuSi, but I still manage to keep up with the diaries on my hotlist. you folks still continue to amaze me.

that's all for now, maybe I'll expand on the above points later.

< Pictures included at a later date. | BBC White season: 'Rivers of Blood' >
keep on keeping on | 13 comments (13 topical, 0 hidden) | Trackback
GNAW! by MohammedNiyalSayeed (4.00 / 4) #1 Thu Apr 28, 2005 at 06:30:27 AM EST

IT'S ALIVE!!!!!!1111

Also, condolences on the death of l'amour. But congratulations on not killing yourself.

GNAW! by illsorted (4.00 / 3) #2 Thu Apr 28, 2005 at 06:43:04 AM EST
Likewise on the condolences.

Husi by theboz (4.00 / 3) #3 Thu Apr 28, 2005 at 07:04:38 AM EST
It's amusing that the things everyone talks about here have become so diary-like that I can predict what just about any diary (including my own) will focus on: Sometimes pepper in such things as: Probably a few other things as well, but that's about it as far as I can tell. I should probably come up with something different to write about as well just to do my part to keep us all from being stuck in a rut. So, welcome back, and feel free to discuss what you want, as usual.
- - - - -
RE: by illsorted (4.00 / 2) #4 Thu Apr 28, 2005 at 07:15:48 AM EST
you didn't ask for it, but what the hell:

• food: I ate the best meal of my life a couple weeks ago at a sushi restaurant in Minneapolis (the Origami).

• bikes: my car broke down about two months ago, so it's been bike transit ever since.

• music: I'll be retrieving my upright bass from the shop this weekend and then rocking the fuck out until the cows come home.

• pets: my cats are still cute

There you go by theboz (4.00 / 2) #7 Thu Apr 28, 2005 at 07:36:32 AM EST
WRT: Music, you also have to post a recording in MP3 format after you are done.
- - - - -
you must have missed by illsorted (4.00 / 1) #8 Thu Apr 28, 2005 at 07:42:53 AM EST
my previous diary (in the hole), regarding my pathetically ill-equipped computer hardware.

someday...

Don't forget the inevitable... by lb008d (4.00 / 3) #5 Thu Apr 28, 2005 at 07:18:48 AM EST
stories about the urchins, er I mean spawn. Kids.

Good point by theboz (4.00 / 4) #6 Thu Apr 28, 2005 at 07:35:42 AM EST
You even lead me to an observation. All the women on husi but one that have kids are not with the father of those kids. Of the men, it might be closer to 50%, but I'm not entirely sure who all around here is a father.

Now, if this were Slashdot, I would have said instead that most slashdot users don't have kids because it's impossible to get your hand pregnant.
- - - - -

I dunno by Rogerborg (4.00 / 1) #9 Thu Apr 28, 2005 at 10:13:32 AM EST
Some of those guys really get an A+ for effort.

Metus amatores matrum compescit, non clementia.
Is it so surprising? by Evil Cloaked User (4.00 / 2) #11 Thu Apr 28, 2005 at 10:22:26 AM EST
Work takes up a goodly chunk of one's natural life, and most people post whilst in work but trying to avoid working. Outside of work, the rest of your life is all about the people. And generally "the people" gets distilled down to that special former someone. After that, well ya gotta eat to live.

IAWTP by illsorted (2.00 / 0) #12 Thu Apr 28, 2005 at 10:36:46 AM EST

You never write, you never call by Rogerborg (4.00 / 1) #10 Thu Apr 28, 2005 at 10:15:33 AM EST
Good to hear from you though, and better to hear that you've got out of an unhappy relationship.  There's too much of that crap around here.  Semper fi, or ad astra, or some French phrase like that.

Metus amatores matrum compescit, non clementia.
You had me worried to death by illsorted (4.00 / 1) #13 Thu Apr 28, 2005 at 10:37:50 AM EST
Carpe nostradomus.