Great Moments in "The Phantom Menace" | 14 comments (14 topical, 0 hidden) | Trackback
None of them. by squigs (4.00 / 1) #1 Tue Apr 12, 2005 at 01:01:12 AM EST
The best moment of any Star Wars Film is...

"A Long Time Ago....
In a galaxy far far away...."

the first time you see it.  Typically it goes downhill from there.

But I suspect this poll meant to be taken with a punch of salt, so I'll pick one from your list.

I beg to differ by thunderbee (2.00 / 0) #2 Tue Apr 12, 2005 at 01:12:07 AM EST
The end credits are best, because now it's over ;-p

No, the bit where Arthur Dent turns to Spock by Dr H0ffm4n (4.00 / 1) #5 Tue Apr 12, 2005 at 01:25:29 AM EST
to warn him of the Cyclon attack and Spock holds up his hand in that peace sign and says "Nanoo, Nanoo".

No, you jerk! by squigs (4.00 / 2) #6 Tue Apr 12, 2005 at 01:29:09 AM EST
Use his full name.  It's Dr. Spock.

Those words are freeloaders by yicky yacky (2.00 / 0) #10 Tue Apr 12, 2005 at 01:53:59 AM EST

They've been riding off the hard work done by the post-Fox-anthem Daaaaaa-dada-daaaah-dada-da-da-da-da ... theme music for years. Even in the prequels, I still love that moment[1] although, yes, things usually spin shit-wards soon thereafter.

[1] When they played Arsenal in the FA Cup, Sheffield United blasted it from the PA as the music used to lead the teams out. It sounded absolutely terrific, making me think it should be compulsory for all knock-out games, anywhere in the world.

----
Vacuity abhors a vacuum.
WIPO: The part where by ObviousTroll (2.00 / 0) #3 Tue Apr 12, 2005 at 01:14:43 AM EST
Star Wars geeks worldwide have a collective heart attack at the sight of Jar-Jar Binks.

Hey by DesiredUsername (2.00 / 0) #4 Tue Apr 12, 2005 at 01:15:20 AM EST
How come you skipped the 15 second epic battle?

Now accepting suggestions for a new sigline
oh yeah, the robot battle by tps12 (2.00 / 0) #7 Tue Apr 12, 2005 at 01:31:22 AM EST
I would of included that, but I squandered too many slots early on (the DROID GUARD draws his weapon? WTF?) and had to make some hard choices at the end. Suddenly, I have newfound respect for filmmakers.

But the important thing is by DesiredUsername (4.00 / 2) #8 Tue Apr 12, 2005 at 01:40:58 AM EST
you came in on time and under budget.

Now accepting suggestions for a new sigline
also by tps12 (4.00 / 2) #9 Tue Apr 12, 2005 at 01:44:45 AM EST
I'm making bank in merchandising deals.

But the old-ckool think you're scum, by yicky yacky (2.00 / 0) #11 Tue Apr 12, 2005 at 01:56:21 AM EST

and one crank from Arkansas has decided to take things into his own hands.

Ah well; it's a question of balance, I guess ...

----
Vacuity abhors a vacuum.
How about a followup? by squigs (2.00 / 0) #12 Tue Apr 12, 2005 at 02:00:08 AM EST
Really crap moments in "The Phantom Menace"

good idea by tps12 (2.00 / 0) #13 Tue Apr 12, 2005 at 02:08:16 AM EST
But my time is limited. Why don't you do it?

WIPO by Orion Blastar (2.00 / 0) #14 Tue Apr 12, 2005 at 04:55:10 AM EST
The part where Jar Jar gets electricuted because he was a dumbass and put his head between the electrodes of the racing pod and had a lightning bolt pass from one ear through to the other. That was the part that Jar Jar almost died, it was the highlight of the movie.

"I drank what?" - Socrates after drinking the Conium