Print Story Great Moments in "The Phantom Menace"
Star Wars
By tps12 (Thu Mar 31, 2005 at 12:24:10 AM EST) Star Wars, Phantom Menace, C-3PO, kittens (all tags)
Moment 9

ANAKIN rushes around, grabs an eye and puts it in one of the sockets.

THREEPIO
          How do you do, I am
          See-Threepio, Human Cyborg
          Relations. How might I serve
          you?
< YahooConact: The midget. Couldn't even score with his hands. | BBC White season: 'Rivers of Blood' >
Great Moments in "The Phantom Menace" | 10 comments (10 topical, 0 hidden) | Trackback
OT page-widening addendum by tps12 (4.00 / 1) #1 Thu Mar 31, 2005 at 12:30:25 AM EST
My brother finally emailed me pix of the fam's new kitties. The mother is one year old, and is named Mimi (she came pre-named) and the kitten is called Mochi. "Mimi" is Japanese for "ear" (though it's not clear that the name is intended to be Japanese) and "mochi" means "mochi."

Mimi is young enough that she still acts like a kitten.

ObAwww by DesiredUsername (4.00 / 1) #3 Thu Mar 31, 2005 at 12:41:17 AM EST

Now accepting suggestions for a new sigline
ObIAWTP, +1, Contains Kittens <nt> by MohammedNiyalSayeed (2.00 / 0) #4 Thu Mar 31, 2005 at 12:57:29 AM EST

Almost big enough for by wiredog (2.33 / 3) #5 Thu Mar 31, 2005 at 01:11:10 AM EST
slaughtering, making into sausage, and cooking into Toad in the Hole.

Earth First!
(We can strip mine the rest later.)

OMFISG!!! by Rogerborg (2.00 / 0) #2 Thu Mar 31, 2005 at 12:40:08 AM EST
I've just realised 3PO is gay!

Metus amatores matrum compescit, non clementia.
ror by rmg (2.00 / 0) #6 Thu Mar 31, 2005 at 01:25:36 AM EST
i wonder if he comes with gaydar! roflmao!!

[t]rolling retards conversation, period.
check out the bulging codpiece by Bunny Vomit (4.00 / 1) #7 Thu Mar 31, 2005 at 01:35:15 AM EST
and anakin's aparently instinctive shielding of his backside.

~~
one of my earliest internets memories by tps12 (4.00 / 2) #8 Thu Mar 31, 2005 at 01:40:07 AM EST
Involved the discovery of the Usenet Star Wars group, and the subsequent discovery of slash fanfic. Very disturbing.

Are you going to skip the JarJar market by georgeha (2.00 / 0) #9 Thu Mar 31, 2005 at 02:03:38 AM EST
scene, where we see his incredible oral powers?

yeah by tps12 (2.00 / 0) #10 Thu Mar 31, 2005 at 02:14:10 AM EST
My decisions are somewhat arbitrary, I'll admit. So much crap happens in this movie that has nothing to do with the plot; 3PO's intro is just as much a lame throwaway sequence as Jar-Jar stepping in poo, and I don't really have any justification behind calling one "great" and ignoring the other. I've even left out stuff that does have some significance in the plot (Anakin's rivalry with Sebulba, for example) in favor of this trivial nonsense. What can I say.