Print Story Week in review
Scoop
By greyshade (Sun Mar 27, 2005 at 07:52:48 PM EST) (all tags)
  • Talk with sister

• Found out that BBVD will be in New Orleans

• Friday night debauchery

• Easter project

• Talk with sister

My sister called during the week.  We’re going to go out dancing when she gets back in-state.  She’s off job-hunting in California right now.  She graduates from vet school this semester.  I’m more proud of her than I know how to express.

• Found out that BBVD will be in New Orleans

One of my favorite bands will be playing a black-tie affair on May 6th.  I plan on being there, but tickets are $200 a shot.  That’s the kicker about being single, you have to worry about wether you can score a reliable date for these kinds of things.  I’d hate to drop 2 bills on a second ticket and end up having a date cancel on me.  Call me cheap if you like.

I was talking about the BBVD show with LfDG Thursday, and she asked if I would be going to New Orleans for the jazz fest.  I indicated that I was unsure at this point.  When I was working on my sleeping arrangements for the BBVD show, I figured it would be convenient to arrange for a night or two during jazz fest at the same time.  I tried to call LfDG to see what weekend she was planning on going, but I got the voice mail.  She has yet to return my call.

• Friday night debauchery

I hit Bonzai Sushi for dinner Friday night.  I don’t know what happened, but I hardly recognized anyone working there.  My friend, RecentlyDivorced, called and asked if I was hitting downtown later.  I told him it was on.  He said he was at Bob’s pub playing some poker.  I finished my meal and met him there.  I broke two $5 bills, and ended up leaving with $20 in fives and a stack of ones.  Not a bad turnover, that.

We hit 307 for a few minutes after Bob’s.  We were ejected from the rear room of the club shortly after arriving, owing to the fact that it was rented out for some manner of private party.  We had a couple of drinks and listened to the entertainment for awhile.  Then, some bird that RD knows called to say she and a friend were going to be hitting the lair of the beast.  We met them there.  At least no women tried to step up to me and fight with knives this time.  I don’t remember ever actually purchasing a drink after we got there.  I know I had a few, I just never remember having to buy one.  I had sake in me from Bonzai, a few Corona’s from Bob’s while playing cards, and hanging at 307 involved the operation of a few glasses of Crown Royal.  So, things get a bit hazy around the time we left 307 to hit 410.  I wonder if I ever closed my tab at 307....  I don’t think so.

• Easter project

I spent half of Easter Sunday slapping this together.  I’m still working on the choker, and haven’t started on any earrings yet.  Maybe I’ll give the set to my sister for her birthday.

I guess that’s all for now.  It will probably be a pretty uneventful week, what with me not having any classes.  I’ll try to do something noteworthy at some point in the week, just so I have something exciting to write about for my imaginary internet friends.

• < What now? | BBC White season: 'Rivers of Blood' >
    Week in review | 10 comments (10 topical, 0 hidden) | Trackback
    Goddamn by DeepOmega (4.00 / 1) #1 Mon Mar 28, 2005 at 03:58:14 AM EST
    I would kill one - nono, two hookers to see BBVD live again. One of my favorite bands of all time.

hopefully.... by greyshade (2.00 / 0) #2 Mon Mar 28, 2005 at 04:28:33 AM EST
    I won't have to dispose of any corpses... But I do plan on seeing BBVD live.  However, if I have to conceal bodies, I will be sure to consut you as to the method of their disposal.

That's *my* department. by ti dave (2.00 / 0) #3 Mon Mar 28, 2005 at 04:53:54 AM EST
    HAHA! Just kidding, honey.

I don't care if people hate my guts; I assume most of them do.
    The important question is whether they are in a position to do anything about it. --W.S. Burroughs

Don't lie. by greyshade (2.00 / 0) #4 Mon Mar 28, 2005 at 10:55:02 AM EST
    Tell me!  Tell me where to put the dead hookers!

Quick, before they start to smell worse than they do already.

The freezer by DeepOmega (2.00 / 0) #5 Mon Mar 28, 2005 at 02:53:27 PM EST
    If you have one of those hermetical sealing machines, they'll last years.

The only problem by greyshade (2.00 / 0) #6 Mon Mar 28, 2005 at 05:21:07 PM EST
    is that I don't want to look at dead hookers every time I pour myself a glass of whiskey.

Or should I have a seperate freezer for the hookers?

It's a good policy. by DeepOmega (4.00 / 1) #7 Mon Mar 28, 2005 at 06:24:51 PM EST
    This alternative, hookers-only freezer can be kept colder than your non-prostitute-filled one. They will stay good for longer, and you'll have the added bonus of being able to keep frozen hooker parts farther away from the prying eyes of guests.

Iced whiskey? by ti dave (2.00 / 0) #8 Mon Mar 28, 2005 at 08:28:17 PM EST
    For shaaaame!

I don't care if people hate my guts; I assume most of them do.

I keep the whiskey in the freezer. by greyshade (4.00 / 1) #10 Mon Mar 28, 2005 at 11:15:36 PM EST
    And then, yes.  I pour it over a couple of cubes of ice.

At least I don't contaminate it with any form of carbonated beverage like some philistines are wont to do...

ti dave's Magick Tub o' Acid. by ti dave (2.00 / 0) #9 Mon Mar 28, 2005 at 08:29:31 PM EST
    It's an Olde Family Recipe.

I don't care if people hate my guts; I assume most of them do.

Week in review | 10 comments (10 topical, 0 hidden) | Trackback