Print Story What is wrong with you people?
Sci-Fi
By greyshade (Thu Mar 17, 2005 at 09:30:39 PM EST) (all tags)
I can't believe you voted my last diary to FP.  Hey, it's your site though...  Defile it however you please.

Inconsequential details of my personal life within.

• nagging teacher
  • french soiree
  • woman consternation
  • shock and awe

• So yeah... Life.

• nagging teacher

One of my former french profs has been on me to apply for some scholarships and grants to study for a semester in France.  One of the requirements was a 3.0 GPA.  My GPA, however, is an abyssmal 2.8; on account of me dropping out of school some time ago without dropping my classes.  All those F's really took a bite out of my academic standing.

The prof now tells me that she thinks the GPA requirement is only with respect to my french classes, not my cumulative GPA.  She also indicated that she has enough clout to get me a grant from CODOFIL to do a summer semester in Belgium.

I'll have to sort things out with my job and house before I can do anything like that, but it sorely tempts me... Tempts me like a green-eyed succabus that plays Guilty Gear when she's not performing carnal atrocities on me.

• french soiree

This week is some kind of Francophonie extravaganza at the university.  Lots of French guest speakers, movies, etc...  Saturday night there is a 'soiree' being held at my regular watering hole before latin night starts.  There is also this outrageous hot-body in my conversational class who will be attending.  She indicated that she won't be there at 7:30 when things start, but she will call me to be sure I am there before arriving.  Things could be interesting.  This leads us to...

• woman consternation

Aforementioned hot-body, let's call her WillTeachFrench.  In addition to her outstanding physical attributes; WTF is intelligent, humorous, and an outstanding speaker of french.  We often talk and flirt in class.  So much, as a matter of fact, that our instructor has called us out for it on more than one occasion.  We even pass notes like high-school kids.  Hmmmn... Like high-school kids...  Did I happen to mention that she is a decade younger than me?  Supposedly she has a 'very serious relationship' with some bloke in Baton Rouge.  Maybe someday I will meet him and we can fight with knives.

I still don't have any real plans for friday night.  Roddie Romero is playing, and that's some good dancing music.  Perhaps I'll give TV Girl a call and see if she's interested in coming out.  I met TVG through a friend in the lair of the beast about four weeks ago.  She is 26, which stands in her favor.  She still lives with mom, which I am leery of.  She seems nice enough, if a little subdued.  I attribute that to her predelection to toke it up on a regular basis.  We started talking almost daily for about two weeks, begining the week after we met.  I took her out dancing once, and we had lunch, spent downtime together on campus, etc... You know how that mating ritual goes.

She had arranged a dinner date for last saturday that she had to cancel because she was busy doing this bronchitis thing.  It was to be a double-date so she could introduce me to her best friend.  Sounded like a 'boyfriend screening' type thing to me.  I rang her celly-phone last friday and again saturday, but got the voicemail both times.  She never returned my calls.  I'm not sure where this thing is going; but hey, I need a dance partner tonight.

I suppose I should give a mention about PagentGirl and LegForDaysGirl.  They are both in my reading class.  I happened to use the word 'manservant' to describe a character in one of our stories, and they both expressed glee at the prospect of having someone they could call a manservant.  I mentioned my plan about being a house-husband when I grow up (if the super-ninja gig falls through).  They both want me to send them a resume.  PG is single, but likely high maintence due to her being accustomed to people fawning over her at pagents and such.  LfDG seems a bit introverted, and I tend to prefer more outgoing women.  Even still, they are on the radar for now.

• shock and awe

This diary was mis-labelled and contains neither shock nor awe.

• < Promises to break and dreams to kill | BBC White season: 'Rivers of Blood' >
    What is wrong with you people? | 9 comments (9 topical, 0 hidden) | Trackback
    PageAnt? by Rogerborg (4.00 / 2) #1 Thu Mar 17, 2005 at 09:52:45 PM EST
    As in, socially inadequate losers who dress up in "garb" and flaunt their historical boobs in order to "freak the mundanes"?

Run.

Run away.

Run far, far away.

Metus amatores matrum compescit, non clementia.

Yeah, that's the thing. by greyshade (2.00 / 0) #2 Thu Mar 17, 2005 at 10:58:54 PM EST
    Who bothers to spellcheck before they post, anyhow.  It's not like I expect anyone to read this smut.

Ostentatious modesty is always so *charming*! by Rogerborg (2.00 / 0) #3 Fri Mar 18, 2005 at 12:33:12 AM EST
    To be honest, I'd forgotten that we even have a front page.  Is that soothing?

Regarding PageantGirl, I really would advise caution.  These people can be... unhealthily engaged in that hobby.  Does she have any other topics of conversation, or is it all garb and mundanes?

Metus amatores matrum compescit, non clementia.

Oh, I'm going nowhere with PG by greyshade (4.00 / 1) #4 Fri Mar 18, 2005 at 01:33:38 AM EST
    She might be good for a shag, but I can't be bothered to work my way up to that point with her.  Yes, she is all garb and mundanes (hence not being willing to try to act interested in her strangly altered perception of reality long enough to get in the pants).  In addition, I understand she changes men almost as often as she changes her socks.  My real prospects for the time being are TVG and WTF.

PG and LfDG just got mentions because they seemed to show an interest in me.  Sort of a 'break glass in case of emergency' category going on there.

PS: love the new sig.

FP by ucblockhead (4.00 / 1) #5 Fri Mar 18, 2005 at 02:06:31 AM EST
    Yeah, it's become a fucking bad relationship group hug around here! :-)

I was tempted to write a diatribe about an ex, but since the relationship ended in 1988, it seemed a little....pointless.
    [ucblockhead is] useless and subhuman

It's never too late. . . by Lost In A Dream (4.00 / 1) #6 Fri Mar 18, 2005 at 02:21:41 AM EST

to write your version of the lovebitch tale. We all have one, and in hearing others we feel a healing comraderie.

___________________________________
    . . .What you want in a marriage is, something like that town in Pennsylvania that's built over a burning seam of coal.". -- ti dave

Word... bring it. by greyshade (2.00 / 0) #8 Fri Mar 18, 2005 at 05:09:29 AM EST
    Nothing more to say

Attention grayshade Infidel by Gedvondur (4.00 / 1) #7 Fri Mar 18, 2005 at 02:48:47 AM EST
    Your diary has been hotlisted.

This hotlisting is a 30 day trial hotlisting.  Failure to update on a regular basis will get your diary thrown back into the diary pool.

THAT IS ALL

Gedvondur
    "I don't have enough middle fingers to communicate my feelings to you." --clover kicker

I have been a lurker for a long time. by greyshade (4.00 / 1) #9 Fri Mar 18, 2005 at 05:18:54 AM EST
    However, the knowledge that I am now hotlisted will prod me to attempt to post on a somewhat regular basis.  For limited values of regular.

I appreciate your patronage, and will seek to maintain my hotlist status with you.  I tend to lead a fairly uneventful life, so I hope you enjoy tales of the mundane.  However, I will endeavour to post regularly the details of my boring existence; if for no other reason than because I know someone has me hotlisted and has some marginal interest in my day-to-day tomfoolery.

What is wrong with you people? | 9 comments (9 topical, 0 hidden) | Trackback