Print Story attn MNS infedel!
Wizards and Hobbits
By greyshade (Thu Mar 17, 2005 at 05:21:34 AM EST) (all tags)
This is for you.

Like most people on this site, I have had my share of heartbreak.  I know where you are emotionally and know how you feel.

My last serious relationship lasted eight years.  At the five year mark, I was shopping for a ring.  I had also just signed a lease on a one-bedroom apartment.  She spent the Friday night at my place, and we were having breakfast on Saturday morning at Mel's Diner.  After we had received our drinks and placed our orders for breakfast, I placed a copy of the key for my newly aquired apartment on the table and slid it across the table for her.

SWF: "what is this?"

Me: "It's a key to my new apartment.  This is the first time I've lived alone and not had to worry about you walking in on a roommate having sex on the couch or something... I finally have a place of my own and would like to give you free access to it."

SWF: "Umm... There is something we need to talk about before you give this to me."

SWF slides the key back across the table to me.

Before this incident, I thought that writers were taking artistic liscence when they talked about meals tasting like raw cardboard.  I learned better on this day.  That was the worst tasting meal of my life.

When we returned to my apartment (the two-bedroom I had with Tony (not my new one-bedroom one I had offered her the key to), she basically told me that she had been sleeping with my best friend on a regular basis for over a month.

I was stupid and in love, so I took her back three months later when she begged me to.  That was one of the biggest mistakes in my life.  I wasted three years of my life trying to work things out with her, only to be dumped for someone almost twice her age three years later.

My advice to you is to embrace the pain.  The hurt won't leave you until you embrace it and accept it as part of the learning experience that is life.  I know from your comments that you feel that in 2+ generations you will never be remembered.  All the more reason to live life to it's fullest now, without regard to the consequences.

A year ago, I felt the same way you do now; and from a relationship of signifigantly longer duration.  Today, I go out with a carnation on my lapel that I give away to any woman I feel inclined to.  I have many attractive women I can have coffee with, take out to dinner, or go out dancing with. Today, I wonder how I ever felt the need to tie myself down with such an overbearing wench (no offense intended to webwench) as I found myself tied down with.

I guess I'm just trying to tell you to vent, embrace the pain, and allow it to heal you.  We all have these kinds of things happen in our lives.  These things are the fire of the soul that forge us into who we are.  The sword doesn't love the fire that tempers it, but it is a better blade because of it.  No two people have the exact same experience, but we all have to deal with devious and unfaithful partners.  Don't let it dull your ability to enjoy the wonders of life and love.  We only get one shot at this life thing, it's a shame to spend it embittered and jaded just because someone happened to be an ass to us once or twice.

Grieve, recover, and live again as a better person.

< Ah, bassetball | BBC White season: 'Rivers of Blood' >
attn MNS infedel! | 21 comments (21 topical, 0 hidden) | Trackback
IAWTSCITS by komet (3.25 / 4) #1 Thu Mar 17, 2005 at 05:29:04 AM EST
+1VS2FP XA A+++++ WATBPBA LOL HAND

<ni> komet: You are functionally illiterate as regards trashy erotica.
Pretty good advice by DesiredUsername (4.00 / 6) #2 Thu Mar 17, 2005 at 05:30:42 AM EST
Although I'm not so sure about the Bond-esque ladykilling carnation part.

Now accepting suggestions for a new sigline
It's not for everyone... by greyshade (2.00 / 0) #7 Thu Mar 17, 2005 at 04:48:15 PM EST
But it works for me. <shrug>

-1, I was expecting PUPPIES by MohammedNiyalSayeed (4.00 / 7) #3 Thu Mar 17, 2005 at 05:33:54 AM EST

But +2, thanks. I'm embracing the pain, alright.

Good. by greyshade (4.00 / 2) #8 Thu Mar 17, 2005 at 04:51:38 PM EST
Scream. Rebel. Cry. Rage.

Your sig is right.  It always ends in tears.  Just don't spend too much time there, the best parts of life come between the tears.  I'm sure I've got some more tears coming before long.

I feel your pain. by ti dave (2.00 / 0) #4 Thu Mar 17, 2005 at 06:03:55 AM EST
But to be candid, as an older guy myself, I was rootin' for your best friend.

I don't care if people hate my guts; I assume most of them do.
The important question is whether they are in a position to do anything about it. --W.S. Burroughs

So am I by greyshade (4.00 / 2) #10 Thu Mar 17, 2005 at 04:55:08 PM EST
They deserve each other.

Question by extremely tedious HuSer (4.00 / 6) #5 Thu Mar 17, 2005 at 06:16:40 AM EST
That 'best friend' of yours who was boning your woman.

Did you kick his head in?

No by greyshade (2.00 / 0) #9 Thu Mar 17, 2005 at 04:54:38 PM EST
But I'm still not sure wether I regret that decision or not.

At this point, I could care less.  I feel sorry for whatever fool ends up with that girl.

In that situation by kwsNI (4.00 / 2) #14 Fri Mar 18, 2005 at 01:42:39 AM EST
I'd leave her ass on the street and his ass in the hospital.

Well... by greyshade (4.00 / 1) #16 Fri Mar 18, 2005 at 05:34:35 AM EST
I guess one out of two ain't bad.

Living in the dirty south, as I do, there was a fair chance I could get out of an assult or homicide charge due to it being a 'crime of passion'.  Myself, however, I would rather not take that chance.

You sir are my new God by CrocoStimpy (4.00 / 1) #6 Thu Mar 17, 2005 at 11:20:20 AM EST
to steal a meme from Greyrat.

vts2fp

Vote this shit to front page!

I'm not sure I'm qualified to be a deity by greyshade (2.00 / 0) #11 Thu Mar 17, 2005 at 05:01:13 PM EST
Also, I'm not sure how poor judgement in relationships qualifies one for godhood.  However, I do appreciate your adoration.  If by some quirk of fate I do become a deity, I will rain blessings on you and you can become my prophet.

hmmn. by greyshade (2.00 / 0) #12 Thu Mar 17, 2005 at 05:15:51 PM EST
I thought I had dropped this into the hole.

we the people, by infinitera (4.00 / 2) #15 Fri Mar 18, 2005 at 02:08:43 AM EST
Being of questionable mind and judgment, have voted it to FP. Too late for the hole now!

hey man, wanna go beat up some liberals on the daily kos? — rmg

And just to put all the hyper paranoid by greyrat (4.00 / 1) #13 Fri Mar 18, 2005 at 01:27:18 AM EST
conspiracy theorists at ease: greyshade is in no way affiliated or even knowledgeable of that filthy, sleazy pervert with the similar name. Note however that that creepy womanizer wholeheartedly agrees with everything said by the aforementioned greyshade in this diary.

True dat. by greyshade (4.00 / 1) #17 Fri Mar 18, 2005 at 05:43:30 AM EST
I may be lecherous, and I might womanize on occasion, but I am in no way creepy.

Greyshade just happens to be a character name I used for Shadowrun (old PnP RP game) and a couple of MUDs.

I do appreciate your support of my general message, and hold you in high regard for your womanizing ways.  Together we will bring happiness to any woman we meet.... Well... Until I take a woman for myself, then I'm afraid all my schmoozing is going to be for her.  But, hey!  Until then, I'll woo any woman within visual range.

Did I miss something? by debacle (2.00 / 0) #18 Fri Mar 18, 2005 at 06:07:11 PM EST
Was it on Thursday?

Just when I'm thinking that I live in some sort of by ObviousTroll (2.00 / 0) #19 Sat Mar 19, 2005 at 12:45:56 AM EST
simplified disneyland version of the real world, some one comes along who makes me happy that I do.

I feel your pain, I really do. Excuse me while I go and add another tier of marble blocks to the pedestal my wife stands on.

I have a pedestal built and set... by greyshade (2.00 / 0) #20 Sat Mar 19, 2005 at 05:05:28 PM EST
I'm just waiting for a woman worthy of stepping onto it.

They exist by ucblockhead (2.00 / 0) #21 Sun Mar 20, 2005 at 08:06:01 AM EST
Sometimes hard to find, but they do exist.
[ucblockhead is] useless and subhuman
attn MNS infedel! | 21 comments (21 topical, 0 hidden) | Trackback