Print Story dead friend
By calla (Mon Mar 14, 2005 at 04:33:27 PM EST) (all tags)
Yeah. I finally made a friend here. She died this weekend.

Poll: wtf?

42-year-old bright, beautiful, artistic, teacher, dancer dies of brain hemorrhage while recovering from a stroke.

sux

I'll be driving down to Philly with my daughter for the funeral tomorrow.

She was the closest friend I had here.

I guess I'll be looking for a new friend, since this one died.

< Jpd | BBC White season: 'Rivers of Blood' >
dead friend | 22 comments (22 topical, 2 hidden) | Trackback
Sorry [nt] by TheophileEscargot (4.00 / 2) #1 Mon Mar 14, 2005 at 06:41:19 PM EST

thanks. n/t by calla (2.00 / 0) #6 Tue Mar 15, 2005 at 08:10:30 AM EST

How do I set my laser printer on stun?
That is the essence of suck. by ti dave (4.00 / 3) #2 Mon Mar 14, 2005 at 07:20:22 PM EST
I believe you need more friends, not fewer. Go forth, and be friendly.

I don't care if people hate my guts; I assume most of them do.
The important question is whether they are in a position to do anything about it. --W.S. Burroughs

yeah. My daughter and I don't get it either. by calla (4.00 / 1) #7 Tue Mar 15, 2005 at 08:13:36 AM EST
She's off in my bedroom saying "I can't believe Susan died".

I wonder what's going to happen to the next one? It seems my karma is bringing in every kind of experience possible. What's the next thing?

How do I set my laser printer on stun?

It won't particularly help but by coillte (4.00 / 3) #3 Mon Mar 14, 2005 at 09:16:15 PM EST
hell, you'll find it easy to make friends.

Its going to be a doddle, hon.

You're a still unravished bride of quietness, with a mainline link straight into truth and beauty.

___________

Arms my only ornament...

that's lovely. by calla (4.00 / 1) #8 Tue Mar 15, 2005 at 08:26:05 AM EST
I don't feel it though. I feel like I'm doomed to loneliness and sorrow.

No love, no friends. Just crazy obsessive weirdos.

Ok - that last sentence isn't going to help, but its where I'm at.

Sling another friggin' arrow of light my way, k?

How do I set my laser printer on stun?

Well by coillte (4.00 / 1) #18 Tue Mar 15, 2005 at 08:19:21 PM EST
I've said it before, and I'll say it again.

What you need to do is find some young, liberal arts major to take under your wing.

What it lacks in love it makes up for in energetic flexibility.

Limberness makes up for all sorts of other deficits.

I'd suggest avoiding any socioloy, psychology or anthropology majors. They're almost universally disturbed. Philosophy and English would be my bet. They give good conversation afterwards.

______________

Arms my only ornament...

well, I realize I have a cougar rep by calla (2.00 / 0) #19 Wed Mar 16, 2005 at 08:15:45 AM EST
but the last few years have really changed me. I haven't dated a younger guy in at least two years (although almost all the men I've dated were a year or two or three younger - I don't consider that cougarish).

Filling the void left after the death of a beautiful and loving friend with wild sex? That plan is so crazy it may work. Its worth discussing with my dance friends. (One dance friend is a professor at Pace University - she may be able to hook me up).

I will keep you updated, dear.

How do I set my laser printer on stun?

not much to say by Kellnerin (4.00 / 2) #4 Tue Mar 15, 2005 at 01:44:30 AM EST
but sorry. There will be another light.

... though I was always told that I never worked to my potential I assumed someone somewhere was. --blixco
Do you know where? by calla (2.00 / 0) #9 Tue Mar 15, 2005 at 08:27:56 AM EST
I'm wondering if I've got the wrong compass.

How do I set my laser printer on stun?
wish I could point you the right way by Kellnerin (4.00 / 1) #12 Tue Mar 15, 2005 at 08:42:20 AM EST
but I dunno. Close your eyes and look? I don't mean to sound so cheesy-evasive, but good things sneak up on a person.

sneak up and say "boo!" by calla (2.00 / 0) #15 Tue Mar 15, 2005 at 04:45:05 PM EST
I wouldn't mind a ghost friend. Susan's ghost would be swell. Well, at least her ghost would be better than no friend.

Susan's ghosty and I could come up with some crazy-assed scams to "stick it to the man". I'm sure she'd get into that.

OK, I'm ready to close my eyes, turn around and have my ghost friend say "boo!".

I guess she didn't hear me.

How do I set my laser printer on stun?

It's not drama. by blixco (4.00 / 1) #5 Tue Mar 15, 2005 at 02:17:19 AM EST
In re: your poll.  It's life.  This is the way it works.

Hot and cold.  Sunny and cloudy.

My condolences.
---------------------------------
Journeying through the world
To and fro, to and fro
Cultivating a small field.
-basho

Ok - I'll take that from you. by calla (4.00 / 1) #10 Tue Mar 15, 2005 at 08:30:45 AM EST
You live with chaos as I do. I believe that most folks have much more peaceful lives. Why the hell don't we?

Any news on the beloved superhero? Not that I've had any time to work on anything except the little sketch, but I'm dying to see something.

How do I set my laser printer on stun?

I have something! by blixco (4.00 / 1) #13 Tue Mar 15, 2005 at 09:01:37 AM EST
But it ends up serious.  Maybe upon reading it you can help me make it more humor, less cynical.

Hrm.  I'll wrap something up soon....still on the project from hell here at work, so I've not had time to breathe.
---------------------------------
Journeying through the world
To and fro, to and fro
Cultivating a small field.
-basho

serious-r-us by calla (4.00 / 1) #16 Tue Mar 15, 2005 at 04:48:50 PM EST
I think the tone probably should be serious - like American Splendor. But I probably should withhold my opinion until I've got the goods.

No need for speed in getting the story to me. I'm still struggling with life after the death of a friend.

How do I set my laser printer on stun?

Her answering machine is still working. by calla (4.00 / 3) #11 Tue Mar 15, 2005 at 08:34:35 AM EST
"You are amazing grace
You are a precious jewel
You
rubie
emerald
jewel
rainbow
splendor person
Leave me a message"

Susan's ghost is still taking messages.

How do I set my laser printer on stun?

Leave a nice message n/t by vorheesleatherface (4.00 / 1) #20 Fri Mar 18, 2005 at 04:55:29 PM EST

My condolences. by moonvine (4.00 / 1) #14 Tue Mar 15, 2005 at 09:52:15 AM EST

I'm sorry for your loss.

losing friends by calla (2.00 / 0) #17 Tue Mar 15, 2005 at 04:55:53 PM EST
just can't get over it. I'm not upset about the time we spent together.

(Can I tell you how interesting it was to find that Susan came from Main Line money? I never would have guessed. Everytime we went out, she was struggling for cash. I'd pay for dinner, 'cause she didn't have money. After Susan's funeral, everyone met at her Aunt's home in Bala Cynwyd. Old school main line money, honey.)

Susan was a kick-ass friend. I'm grieving over all the potential good times that will never come. Susan and I were supposed to dance together until we were old and grey - and then we were still supposed to dance together.

I've been robbed.

How do I set my laser printer on stun?

dead friend | 22 comments (22 topical, 2 hidden) | Trackback