Print Story My Office
Photos
By tps12 (Wed Feb 09, 2005 at 04:03:23 AM EST) cat (all tags)
A desk eye view of my home office, where I am right now.

It`s so spacious!

Sorry about the poor image quality.

That window on the left is one of two, and it is at ground level and looks out into the space between this building and the one next door. Not very useful for light, especially during the winter.

The closet by the bookcase is the only one in the entire downstairs, so it has all of my and my girlfriend's hanging clothes, and we have to come into here to get dressed.

The office chair on the left is my girlfriend's. It is bright green, like an iChair, and is actually pretty cool.

I sit in that space chair in the foreground.

Behind that is the futon couch, and then the door to the hallway in the distance. That mirror is the only full-length mirror in the house.

That is our cat on top of the bookcase, next to Trivial Pursuit. You can see her little white paws and white neck, and the tips of her ears.

< We got something. We both know it. We don't talk too much about it. | BBC White season: 'Rivers of Blood' >
My Office | 11 comments (11 topical, 0 hidden) | Trackback
You need something colorful on the walls by georgeha (4.00 / 2) #1 Wed Feb 09, 2005 at 04:08:27 AM EST
Maybe a cow with sunglasses.

yes by tps12 (2.00 / 0) #2 Wed Feb 09, 2005 at 04:14:24 AM EST
There is a rug you can't see, and a framed print along the wall on the right, so it isn't as drab as that view makes it look. We are going to paint some trim also, which should brighten things up. But yes, that closet door is crying out for a blacklight poster.

+1. Contains Kitten by MohammedNiyalSayeed (4.00 / 2) #3 Wed Feb 09, 2005 at 04:15:40 AM EST

Your chair, however, doesn't look too comfortable. I'd be figuring out a way to switch to the iChair, if only when your girlfriend is out of the house. Or just out of the room.

yeah by tps12 (4.00 / 1) #5 Wed Feb 09, 2005 at 04:20:38 AM EST
The kitty is what prompted me to take the picture, but the shortness of the USB cable and the lack of any kind of zoom feature forced me to make it a general room view. I should use a real camera to do a little photo essay on all of her special places, as she is a very photogenic little cat.

The chair is more comfortable than it looks. Certain elements do not approve of its aesthetic value, however.

HOLY SHIT! by thenick (2.00 / 0) #4 Wed Feb 09, 2005 at 04:19:19 AM EST
You're invisible!

----------------------------

"'Vengence is Mine', quoth Alvis. And then he shot the guy, right in the freaking face!"

just very short (nt) by tps12 (4.00 / 1) #6 Wed Feb 09, 2005 at 04:23:34 AM EST

Can I toss you? by thenick (2.00 / 0) #9 Wed Feb 09, 2005 at 04:36:33 AM EST
Please?

----------------------------

-1, buy an ad by DesiredUsername (2.00 / 0) #7 Wed Feb 09, 2005 at 04:25:13 AM EST
(nt)

Now accepting suggestions for a new sigline
i understand your complaint by tps12 (2.00 / 0) #8 Wed Feb 09, 2005 at 04:28:54 AM EST
But you must recognize that product placement is one of the many revenue streams that allow us to bring you this kind of quality content.

"Space chair"? by ti dave (4.00 / 1) #10 Wed Feb 09, 2005 at 07:21:12 AM EST
Dude, don't try to con us. That's a Lawn Chair.

I don't care if people hate my guts; I assume most of them do.
The important question is whether they are in a position to do anything about it. --W.S. Burroughs

+1 nostalgia by vardaman (4.00 / 1) #11 Wed Feb 09, 2005 at 05:10:49 PM EST
I miss New York and all that that entails.

I notice you didn't describe your bookshelf.

My Office | 11 comments (11 topical, 0 hidden) | Trackback