Print Story What's up? Tea time.
By tmoertel (Tue Feb 08, 2005 at 04:03:54 PM EST) (all tags)
No, I am not dead. Just busy. And drinking jasmine tea. (What is your favorite tea?)

Lots of project work lately. And two new projects lined up! (Can't talk about them, though. NDAs.)

Luckily, I have been able to squeeze in time for FOSS work. Lots of little updates:

• I updated PXSL to build with GHC 6.2.2 and removed the dependency on DrIFT and some external libraries. I also build new RPMs.
  • I released a new minor rev of LectroTest and wrote a (tiny bit hackish) module that allows LT properties to be integrated into traditional Perl test plans. I also put up FAQ-list and Forum sections on the LT site.
  • I built Fedora Core RPMs for Emacs Speaks Statistics and James Clark's awesome nXML mode for Emacs (which I later discovered that Tim Waugh also packaged as part of the Fedora documentation project).

Jasmine tea

I went crazy and bought samplers for about a dozen different varieties of Jasmine tea from Upton Tea Imports (a vendor I rather like (despite their use of frames on their website)).1 Naturally, I also loaded up on Yin-Hao Special Grade because it pretty much rules. I am also enjoying (from a previous purchase) Guangdong Province Jasmine Dragon Phoenix Pearl. Yes, it's cool to watch the little "pearls" unfold in the cup, but the tea itself is delightful. The jasmine scenting is subtle enough to let the flavor underlying leaf through. Yummy!2

Poll: Teas.

Notes

1. I am permitted to nest parenthetical statements owing to my fondness for Scheme syntax. (sure-fire jacob bait)

2. Did that little outburst just wipe out my tea street cred?

< Well it's happening | BBC White season: 'Rivers of Blood' >
What's up? Tea time. | 8 comments (8 topical, 0 hidden) | Trackback
earl grey by martingale (4.00 / 1) #1 Tue Feb 08, 2005 at 05:39:35 PM EST
No milk, but sometimes, I like to put a drop of vanilla essence in it.

Jean-Luc Picard is an English pussy.
$E(X_t|F_s) = X_s,\quad t > s$

Wha? by LinDze (4.00 / 1) #2 Tue Feb 08, 2005 at 05:50:50 PM EST
Ok, Jean-Luc Picard is an English pussy, but youre the one putting vanilla essence & milk in your tea. Fucking christ, you light up a smooth Capri Slim Menthol afterwards?

-Lin Dze
Arbeit Macht Frei
oi by martingale (4.00 / 1) #6 Tue Feb 08, 2005 at 10:00:46 PM EST
Ah sed Noo milk, laddie.
$E(X_t|F_s) = X_s,\quad t > s$
Apologies by LinDze (4.00 / 1) #7 Wed Feb 09, 2005 at 08:42:24 AM EST
I misparsed your milk position. However, my vanilla statement still stands.

-Lin Dze
Arbeit Macht Frei
we'll have to agree by martingale (2.00 / 0) #8 Wed Feb 09, 2005 at 12:30:30 PM EST
to disagree on the vanilla question.
$E(X_t|F_s) = X_s,\quad t > s$
Wrong by Orion Blastar (2.00 / 0) #3 Tue Feb 08, 2005 at 09:22:32 PM EST
Jean-Luc Picard is a French Pussy. He may drink English tea, but he is French, and was born in France.

"I drank what?" - Socrates after drinking the Conium
heh by martingale (2.00 / 0) #5 Tue Feb 08, 2005 at 09:56:10 PM EST
That's like saying Nero Claudius was a scholar and a gentleman.
$E(X_t|F_s) = X_s,\quad t > s$
I have no-tea by Orion Blastar (2.00 / 0) #4 Tue Feb 08, 2005 at 09:24:15 PM EST
Seriously tea and coffee upset my stomach because I have a weak stomach muscle. If I do drink tea, sometimes I cough up blood, or stomach acid into my throat.

"I drank what?" - Socrates after drinking the Conium