Print Story Another Favorite Cat Perch
Photos
By tps12 (Fri Feb 11, 2005 at 01:30:53 AM EST) cat (all tags)
This is a favorite place of hers that she can't get out of herself. She hangs out there for a couple hours and then starts crying to be rescued. The first N times she did it, we couldn't figure out how she got up there, but eventually we caught her in the act.

That vanity, so tasteful.

So this is our bathroom, as seen from the door. The shower is on the left, and the toilet is at the end of that section on the right. It's laid out like:

----------
|  tub   |                   |
|        |                   |
|        |                   |
|        |                   |
|        |                   |
 ----------| door |----------

The toilet section's ceiling is about three feet lower than the rest of the room, and the space above it is a cabinet that you can access through the doors above the sink.

The bathroom has a duck theme, but I don`t think you see much of that.

We have a bunch of dishes up there.

World`s Longest Whiskers

And there she is. At first we thought she must have gotten there by jumping from the vanity to the light above the mirror, and then into the cabinet; but closing the cabinet door didn't keep her out!

That`s Dubya with a rolled up dollar bill taped to his nose.

We figured out the mystery when she was standing on the toilet, eying the window.

He also has a WCW party hat.

The cabinet isn't closed off from the window, so she just climbs up using the shelves. Since she doesn't like climbing down backwards, the structure forms a one-way cat valve.

Fascinating.

< Funny, I don't feel any smarter... | BBC White season: 'Rivers of Blood' >
Another Favorite Cat Perch | 19 comments (19 topical, 0 hidden) | Trackback
Damn by DesiredUsername (4.00 / 1) #1 Fri Feb 11, 2005 at 01:41:15 AM EST
you are short. You don't even reach up to the bathroom sink.

Do I even want to know what that poster says?

Now accepting suggestions for a new sigline

No. no. The Cat took the photo's by dunc (4.00 / 1) #3 Fri Feb 11, 2005 at 01:46:06 AM EST
and posted the diary. Quite impressive, if a bit vain.

the poster by tps12 (4.00 / 1) #7 Fri Feb 11, 2005 at 01:59:27 AM EST
"Out of Order" and "the only bush I trust is my own." And a bunch of rectangular pieces of construction paper from a pin-the-Hitler-mustache-on-George-W.-Bush party game.

one-way cat valve by hulver (4.00 / 3) #2 Fri Feb 11, 2005 at 01:44:50 AM EST
Excellent!
Cheese is not a hat. - clock
Our moron cat by ObviousTroll (4.00 / 1) #17 Fri Feb 11, 2005 at 03:05:21 AM EST
likes to walk into the downstairs bathroom, slam the door shut and then meow to be let out again - within seconds of closing the door, mind you.

I usually just stand on the other side of the door and mock him for a while before my wife makes me open it.

Cats are so cool by nebbish (4.00 / 2) #4 Fri Feb 11, 2005 at 01:47:19 AM EST
We used to have one that meowed to be let out of the front door, you'd let him out and go back to find him sat on a chair looking at you. We never worked out how he did it.

--------
It's political correctness gone mad!

A neighbor's cat could ring the doorbell by wiredog (2.00 / 0) #6 Fri Feb 11, 2005 at 01:54:30 AM EST
Took neighbor a couple of times to figure out that it was the cat hitting the button.

Earth First!
(We can strip mine the rest later.)

That's a running joke in our family by nebbish (2.00 / 0) #13 Fri Feb 11, 2005 at 02:16:40 AM EST
My dad saw a cat ringing a doorbell once and no-one believed him, we laughed at him about it for ages. It's only recently that I've heard it from other people.

I will issue him with a formal apology.

--------
It's political correctness gone mad!

Velcro cat by anonimouse (4.00 / 3) #10 Fri Feb 11, 2005 at 02:02:21 AM EST
Before we got a catflap, our oldest cat used to hang by its paws on our door, looking through the window.

Or, in K5 ascii reenactment player parlance:

| | | | | |
  | | | | | |
  ===========

Girls come and go but a mortgage is for 25 years -- JtL
Excellent [nt] by nebbish (2.00 / 0) #11 Fri Feb 11, 2005 at 02:14:58 AM EST

--------
It's political correctness gone mad!

Hang In There! by dr k (4.00 / 3) #18 Fri Feb 11, 2005 at 06:23:44 AM EST
Hm, I've got a cat photo here somewhere...

:| :| :| :| :|

+1 - FP! by greyrat (4.00 / 1) #5 Fri Feb 11, 2005 at 01:47:43 AM EST
Even if you are a troll.

Facinating stuff. I'd post about how our dog manages to chew up clothes that are in a basket four feet from his box, but we haven't figured out how he does it yet.

chuon tunneling (nt) by tps12 (4.00 / 1) #8 Fri Feb 11, 2005 at 02:00:53 AM EST

*Something* interdimensional. by greyrat (2.00 / 0) #12 Fri Feb 11, 2005 at 02:15:50 AM EST
You're daring me to Google 'chuon tunneling' aren't you?

chuon by tps12 (4.00 / 2) #15 Fri Feb 11, 2005 at 02:34:39 AM EST
The elementary particle that mediates the strong chewclear force.

chuon? Bless you! [nt] by greyrat (2.00 / 0) #16 Fri Feb 11, 2005 at 02:40:12 AM EST
[nt] == nuclear tensions

Cats by Rogerborg (4.00 / 7) #9 Fri Feb 11, 2005 at 02:01:45 AM EST
The only liquid that flows uphill.

Metus amatores matrum compescit, non clementia.
I am so jealous!!!! by extremely tedious HuSer (4.00 / 1) #14 Fri Feb 11, 2005 at 02:18:49 AM EST
I used to live with a cheeky little tabby but now I cannot keep pets anymore. He was so cute! He thought he was human. Wouldn't eat unless I put the food in a proper plate complete with knife and fork!!!
I really miss him.

missing poll option by calla (2.00 / 0) #19 Fri Feb 11, 2005 at 08:01:24 AM EST
both.

"I like my baked potatoes with just a little bit of... nothing."
Another Favorite Cat Perch | 19 comments (19 topical, 0 hidden) | Trackback