Print Story Proponents of ID voted out
By aric17103 (Wed Nov 09, 2005 at 05:52:09 AM EST) (all tags)
....Pennsylvania is safe but for how long?  Poll:  Favourite Fundamentalist fear?

Local elections are often overlooked so I think it is a credit to the people of PA who got out and voted every single Fundamentalist off this local school board.

Found this link on the page detailing the election results:  Fundies Say the Darndest Things!  Some of my favourite quotes...hilarious and frightening

"Just remember, that every man who dies over there for us, shares the same glory that Jesus recieved when he died for us." - All those lucky bastards dieing in Iraq, I wish I was a martyr.

"I dont know about you guys, but I don't care how my chicken or meat is killed. Whether its drowned, suffocated, hacked into bits, however, its still going to end up in my stomach and then in a drainage thingy. It really doesn't matter. Whether chickens are stomped on, thrown against a wall, we're still going to eat them. Why does it matter?" - This Christan is very very angry at chickens, why?

"Abortion just needs to be a worse embarassment [to women] than pregnancy, which, thanks to the pro-abortion movement and banned parenthood, it's not." - Shaming women into submission is effective as beating them into submission without all the telltale bruises.

"He's...God, dude. He created everything. Can you think of a reason why he shouldn't be big-headed?" - Stoners for Christ unite!

"The days of 'Stargate SG-1', 'Contact' and the almighty 'Discovery Channel' are incapable of answering these questions, but they feel the need to come up with their own science fiction answers because it proves to them (in a blind way) that there cannot be an all powerfull creator. They do not understand that logic cant support their conclusions." - Beware the Anti-Christ, Richard Dean Anderson!  Come to think of it, I never did see MacGyver pray his way out of a jam

< We're Saved! | BBC White season: 'Rivers of Blood' >
Proponents of ID voted out | 9 comments (9 topical, 0 hidden) | Trackback
They're just so darned cute! by gazbo (2.00 / 0) #1 Wed Nov 09, 2005 at 06:09:31 AM EST
I want to keep some of them as pets.  Though I am yet to be convinced that JesusFreakGuy is not a troll.

IAWTP by DesiredUsername (2.00 / 0) #3 Wed Nov 09, 2005 at 06:18:40 AM EST
I lost interest after reading a couple of his posts--I think he's trollerizing.

Now accepting suggestions for a new sigline
It's not that funny by theboz (4.00 / 1) #2 Wed Nov 09, 2005 at 06:11:53 AM EST
I mean, with quotes like those, you can't really come up with anything so extreme in stupidity that you would be able to mock them.
- - - - -
WIPO: Hello, sailor by Rogerborg (4.00 / 1) #4 Wed Nov 09, 2005 at 06:24:50 AM EST
How could you forget teh gheys, who enjoy nothing better than (somehow) breaking up ISG-fearing Xtian families, forcibly adopting their children and doing them up the bum poisoning their minds against the proper heteroxesual feelings that the Invisible Sky Giant put there for use within the institution of holy matrimony.

Why, I ask again, do you hate gay people?

Metus amatores matrum compescit, non clementia.

WIPO: Hardware stores open on Sunday by DesiredUsername (4.00 / 3) #5 Wed Nov 09, 2005 at 06:42:31 AM EST

Now accepting suggestions for a new sigline
I thought sunday shopping was everywhere in .us ? by clover kicker (2.00 / 0) #7 Wed Nov 09, 2005 at 07:49:31 AM EST
In some especially backwards parts of .ca the fight rages on.

Sure, do all the shopping you want by DesiredUsername (2.00 / 0) #8 Wed Nov 09, 2005 at 08:00:35 AM EST
At the few stores that are open. To be fair, small business would have a hard time staffing for the weekend. Still, they manage to be open on Saturday.

Now accepting suggestions for a new sigline
I'm sure Walmart etc are open by clover kicker (2.00 / 0) #9 Wed Nov 09, 2005 at 08:11:23 AM EST
I attended a wedding in Tenessee a few years ago. Most of my preconceptions/stereotypes turned out to be true.

One of the surprises was the god-fearing folk still packing the malls on Sunday.

WIPO: boobs by The Fool (2.00 / 0) #6 Wed Nov 09, 2005 at 07:16:37 AM EST