Print Story My Piranha is sick
By aric17103 (Thu Oct 27, 2005 at 07:12:13 AM EST) (all tags)
He has Ich probably from those damned diseased infested Petsmart goldfish...Poll: Pets you have?

I noticed it this morning, he is a red-bellied piranha but when his tank light clicked on this morning his belly was white (a symptom of the parasite) and he was swimming around listlessly bumping into things. Poor piranha, he had a tough life. After I brought him and his 7 brothers and sisters home 8 years ago his left eye was immediately eaten by one of his siblings. (earning him the nickname one-eyed-willy) I did not think he would survive but not only did he endure, he killed all the other piranha in the tank.

Fucking Petsmart...if they would just keep their feeder fish holding tanks clean this could be prevented. I plan to build a holding tank for the goldfish - this way if there is an outbreak it only kills them and I can dole out the feeders a few at a time.
< Ghetto Topic: Memoir | BBC White season: 'Rivers of Blood' >
My Piranha is sick | 11 comments (11 topical, 0 hidden) | Trackback
Why would The Gimp be in the closet? by wiredog (2.00 / 0) #1 Thu Oct 27, 2005 at 07:19:18 AM EST
I use mine quite openly. Very useful for photo retouching.

Earth First!
(We can strip mine the rest later.)

Yeabut by ObviousTroll (2.00 / 0) #3 Thu Oct 27, 2005 at 08:22:14 AM EST
I find the interface to be really handicapped.

Teh st4gez0rz Of gr13v1ng: OMG, WTF, :(, kthxbye
Almost clownlike by wiredog (2.00 / 0) #4 Thu Oct 27, 2005 at 08:34:21 AM EST
in it's randomness.

Earth First!
(We can strip mine the rest later.)

almost? by joh3n (2.00 / 0) #8 Thu Oct 27, 2005 at 09:29:21 AM EST
ou-1

----

I meant.. by aric17103 (2.00 / 0) #5 Thu Oct 27, 2005 at 09:13:35 AM EST
the classic GIMP - you know, on a leash with a ball gag in the mouth

My Gimp is on a P3 with 256 Mb RAM by wiredog (2.00 / 0) #7 Thu Oct 27, 2005 at 09:21:31 AM EST
But maybe you need some sort of metaphorical leash and gag if it's on a newer system.

Earth First!
(We can strip mine the rest later.)

Yep.. by Bob Abooey (2.00 / 0) #2 Thu Oct 27, 2005 at 07:45:34 AM EST
I killed my two prized clown loaches when I bought some new (ich-carriers) fish from PetSmart and didn't quarantine them first.

Live and learn bitches.

Warmest regards,
--Your best pal Bob

NOOO!!! by coryking (2.00 / 0) #6 Thu Oct 27, 2005 at 09:17:59 AM EST
You too?  I had to "put down" two clown's because of ich.  I had those guys for years and they were my favorite fish.  Dunno who was the carrier though.

Ich sucks...  Good luck to the author!

-------------
Dog food. Snack for some. Feast for others.

Yep by Bob Abooey (2.00 / 0) #9 Thu Oct 27, 2005 at 09:59:57 AM EST
These guys were 3 or 4 years old and were getting to be a rather healthy size and were just beautiful until the ich did them in. It was my own fault though, I never should have added new fish to the tank. The whole thing made me sick.

Warmest regards,