Print Story Superficial Entry #44
By MillMan (Wed Oct 26, 2005 at 06:26:51 AM EST) (all tags)
Your not crazy Arthur, you're going sane in a crazy world!

Yeah, I just quoted The Tick.

The final night of my cooking class was last night. Steak, homemade bread, wine, and chocolate. Oh my. We all pretty much got drunk and almost ended up having a food fight when making the chocolate truffles. Which are still in my stomach from the way it feels (full).

When I got home I procured more wine from the resident Englishman, and proceeded to stay up until 2:20 when the world series game finished, for reasons I can't explain. Exciting game but featured mediocre pitched on both sides and embarrassing hitting by the Astros.

Hmm, I haven't really mentioned my "new" roommates have I. Synopsis:

A: The Englishman and landlord. He owns the condo and rents out the bedrooms. His job is here in Boston, but his wife and family live in Montreal, which he drives to every weekend (sweet jebus). Apparently he gets his US citizenship next May so he is going to stick around until then before looking for a job in Montreal. Somewhat stereotypical English guy in general, although a bit more laid back and less talkative than most English guys I have met. Very bright and interesting to talk to. Has traveled all over the world.

B: Female, about 30 years old. Seems pretty naive for her age. Has been outside of New England twice, according to her. Nice girl though, and a responsible roommate, which is what matters. Also afraid of any food that isn't American, although she did go out on a limb and tried my curry on Sunday and liked it. Drinks and smokes like a Yerpian (ie, constantly). I am not attracted to her, thankfully. Kind of cute but not my type at all.

C: Guy, also about 30. Has an MBA, and has been unemployed for several months, which is really frustrating him at this point. Nice guy, even more laid back than myself. Kind of boring in the cultural and current events sense but has extensive sports knowledge so we often talk about football. As a side note I walked in on him nailing his girlfriend in the living room shortly after moving in which was pretty funny.

I talked to a college friend from back home last night who I don't talk to often anymore. He's also an electrical engineer and works for a defense contractor in Minneapolis. He says "yeah, I go in Monday morning and feel like putting a shotgun in my mouth." Yikes. Says he wants to go back to grad school and get away from engineering. More angst!! I wonder when Americans started demanding satisfaction from their jobs, previously the goal was to sacrifice yourself spiritually and just make money to feed your family. Such uppity bastards we are.

< I'm out $250 | BBC White season: 'Rivers of Blood' >
Superficial Entry #44 | 9 comments (9 topical, 0 hidden) | Trackback
odd by joh3n (4.00 / 1) #1 Wed Oct 26, 2005 at 07:02:20 AM EST
Grad school made me want to put a shotgun in my mouth.

DOOOOOOOOOOMED.

----

IAWTP by MohammedNiyalSayeed (4.00 / 1) #3 Wed Oct 26, 2005 at 07:07:23 AM EST

Though all I had at the time was a pistol. And I did put it in my mouth. I just never pulled the trigger. Much to DU's dismay.

Huh by miker2 (4.00 / 1) #6 Wed Oct 26, 2005 at 07:51:49 AM EST
Grad school just bored me to tears.  Except exams I never, once, stayed awake for an entire class period.  When I wasn't passed out, I was reading or chatting with a similarly bored classmate.

I guess that's what happens when undergrad is at a grueling technical school and 'grad school' is at a liberal arts college.

Ah, sociopathy. How warm, how comforting, thy sweet embrace. - MNS
I should have added by MillMan (2.00 / 0) #7 Wed Oct 26, 2005 at 08:12:00 AM EST
"a grad degree in art or something" is how he put it. As in drop off the radar as I kind of want to do.

hmmm by joh3n (4.00 / 1) #8 Wed Oct 26, 2005 at 08:39:20 AM EST
grad school in art = grad school art chicks = A+++

----

I left my soul in a ditch in Utah, outside of by MohammedNiyalSayeed (4.00 / 1) #2 Wed Oct 26, 2005 at 07:06:20 AM EST

Salt Lake City. Haven't looked back since.

Also, forget about the increased frequency of hurricanes, and earthquakes that gobble up the Muslims; the true sign of the End of Times is that the fucking White Sox are in the World Series. We probably still have a few months left, though, as until it's the Sox vs. the Cubs, the actual end is still one season away.

You worked for WordPerfect? by wiredog (4.00 / 2) #4 Wed Oct 26, 2005 at 07:21:51 AM EST

Earth First!
(We can strip mine the rest later.)

Nah, I was on my way to California by MohammedNiyalSayeed (4.00 / 1) #5 Wed Oct 26, 2005 at 07:24:31 AM EST

But I was made an offer I just couldn't refuse.

Hole Entry Please by glamorgan (4.00 / 1) #9 Thu Oct 27, 2005 at 05:44:22 AM EST
This story is just begging to be told in the hole.

Plspostsoonthx