Print Story I have a new nephew!
By CountSpatula (Tue Oct 18, 2005 at 01:15:34 PM EST) (all tags)
Just a few days ago, my sister gave birth to a fairly large (9lbs, 14oz, I believe) little baby boy.  This is nephew #2, the first one being born 13 years ago, pretty close to this time.  They've been trying to have a child for quite some time, so I'm happy they've finally succeeded.

Pictures, uncle-like doting and poll inside.

Okay, let's first start out with the pictures.

Cute little bastard, huh?  His right hand is bandaged like that because he apparently had a sixth finger attempt to grow, but was on there only with a small thread of skin, thus they detached it.

Now, HuShi'ites, how should I first begin to spoil him?  Oh, I know, find out what mommy and daddy don't want him to have, and then buy it immediately, but any other suggestions?  I was thinking candies, but I don't want him to get in to those kinds of things anyway.  They can be quite bad for the physique, not to mention the health.  And toys are sometimes detrimental to emotional development, so that's probably out.  Oh, I'll be cooking him shitloads of food and treats, but those will be organics anyhow, so he's fine there.  Can I have some commentary on that, especially concerning what sorts of foods would be good selections, and which ones to avoid?

Damn, now to figure out what I should have as a poll here.  Oh, cool.  Something came to mind.

< This diary is brought to you by... | BBC White season: 'Rivers of Blood' >
I have a new nephew! | 6 comments (6 topical, 0 hidden) | Trackback
Congrats by georgeha (4.00 / 2) #1 Tue Oct 18, 2005 at 01:53:50 PM EST
electronic noisemakers, instruments and guns are always welcome newborn gifts.

Oh yeah! by CountSpatula (2.00 / 0) #3 Tue Oct 18, 2005 at 03:01:01 PM EST
Totally didn't consider the noisemaking aspect.  Alright, now to find 'toys' that make shitloads of noise.  Yes, sister dear, I love you, but you've just signed yourself up for 15 years of living hell, and I'm the bus driver, bitch!

Organics.
"I've never been more afraid of a diary comment EVAR." - RapidHamster
Congratulations :-) by sugarplum (4.00 / 1) #2 Tue Oct 18, 2005 at 02:35:18 PM EST
My best friends bought my son a drum set for his first birthday. Two months later it mysteriously  disappeared.

Yeah! :D

Ooh, interesting! by CountSpatula (4.00 / 1) #4 Tue Oct 18, 2005 at 03:03:20 PM EST
Sure, it'll be a few months before I consider the drum set, but thanks for the idea!  As I have just posted a few seconds ago, it's great to have good ideas from people.  It's especially great to be able to take these ideas and really make someone else's life a living hell.  Gale, you're gonna pay for all those jokes!  [insert evil grin]

Organics.
"I've never been more afraid of a diary comment EVAR." - RapidHamster
Gods! What a monster! He's huge! by greyrat (4.00 / 1) #5 Wed Oct 19, 2005 at 03:02:30 AM EST
I'd suggest spoiling him with a weight lifting set and a little tyke wrestling ring. Let all other toddlers bow down before him!

Congrats to your sister! Hope all is well with her.

Okay. by CountSpatula (4.00 / 1) #6 Wed Oct 19, 2005 at 07:14:30 AM EST
I'll keep those things in mind, too.

My sister is doing just fine, my mother tells me.  Sure, a little shagged out from giving birth (who wouldn't be?), but doing well nonetheless.  I'm sure in a couple of months she'll make a trip up here to show off the fruit of her loins.  Otherwise, I won't be able to see personally how she's doing.

Organics.