Print Story I live in Pennsyltucky
By aric17103 (Tue Oct 18, 2005 at 09:42:39 AM EST) (all tags)
Currently, in my state the idea of teaching intelligent design to high school freshmen is being debated. If it goes through I propose we rename the state of Pennsylvania to Pennsyltucky...

Sweet Jesus! Are American high school graduates not stupid enough? I guess not, since they may soon be taught crack-pot science as part of the official curriculum. Have Americans become so lazy they can no longer be content to warp their children's minds at home with religion?

Since I live in the capital, Harrisburg, where the case is being heard I may have to take a day to go down to the court house and witness this. Also, I want to know where the ID people stand on the chubacara. I think it would be fun to make a sign board claiming to be a supporter of ID and demanding ID acknowledge the chubacara. (Or any other crazy fictional creature)
< The Chronicles of Davidson Creek, Human | BBC White season: 'Rivers of Blood' >
I live in Pennsyltucky | 8 comments (8 topical, 0 hidden) | Trackback
Don't look on the downside by georgeha (4.00 / 1) #1 Tue Oct 18, 2005 at 09:48:20 AM EST
look on the upside, you can buy handguns at Walmart!  You sure can't do that in New York.

The de rigeur fictional monster to reference wrt ID is the Flying Spaghetti Monster.

You live about an hour downstream from my Uncle Tom, who has a cozy cabin in the woods near Sunbury, with a houseful of automatic weapons.

farm show complex by aric17103 (2.00 / 0) #2 Tue Oct 18, 2005 at 09:57:19 AM EST
here in Harrisburg has numerous gun shows over the year. Pay to get in, bring cash and you can get any weapon you want (I wanted a pistol grip 12 gauge for home protection) and for buying the gun the guy gave me a knife and racist literature (assuming you are white) plus he assured me he did not sell guns to black people

teaching kids at home by MillMan (2.00 / 0) #3 Tue Oct 18, 2005 at 10:26:55 AM EST
I think the main goal is to teach ID to kids of parents who are not religious and thus wouldn't do it at home. It's not really aimed at children of religious parents, other than to maybe spend less time on Darwin, and perhaps as an intermediate step towards getting him out of education. The religionists aren't dumb, as they know the only way to convince people of your arguments is to convince them as children.

On a side note, the spellchecker tells me "religionists" is in the dictionary.

A deliciously on-topic by greyrat (2.00 / 0) #4 Tue Oct 18, 2005 at 10:28:58 AM EST
link.

You live in PA ? by sasquatchan (4.00 / 2) #5 Tue Oct 18, 2005 at 10:47:17 AM EST
You wouldn't happen to know that child molester David Christian Brown, would you ?

Had a funny conversation with a coworker today about chubacara and the illuminati. Shoulda rang MNS for more help.

Oops! Wrong account! Yes? by greyrat (2.00 / 0) #6 Tue Oct 18, 2005 at 10:58:22 AM EST

oh don't worry by dr k (2.00 / 0) #7 Tue Oct 18, 2005 at 11:36:22 AM EST
Most of them want to grow up to be video game programmers, so a poor understanding of science won't be a burden to them.

:| :| :| :| :|

I can't believe there's still a controversy. by mrgoat (4.00 / 1) #8 Tue Oct 18, 2005 at 11:56:52 AM EST
I think they should teach the theory of Unintelligent Design - There's a Designer all right, but it's thick as marbles. Here - I'll do what they do: Start with a flawed premise, find rhetorical support without evidence, then claim that my theory is right.

No intelligent creature would allow ID taught in classrooms, nor would advocate such or allow for the existence of creatures that advocate such, because it is such a stupid theory. Since there are such creatures, this "designer" must be thick as marbles.  Ergo, I'm right.

--top hat--