Print Story Defense of Science Act
By PhysicsGenius (Fri Sep 17, 2004 at 01:01:41 AM EST) (all tags)
Science is being used to cover up important issues and to mislead the public about reality in order to support crazy political ideals. I am as outraged as anyone about this deplorable state of affairs, so I have written the following draft copy of what I'm calling "The Defense of Science Act".

1) WHEREAS, a civil society is based on the humanity of that society's members, BE IT RESOLVED, humans are not animals, not related to animals and not descended from animals.

2) WHEREAS, the advancement of science for the common good requires funding and that much of this funding comes from the private sectory, BE IT RESOLVED, the right of corporations to release physical, chemical, biological, nuclear or other byproducts of scientific advance into the common environment shall not be infringed.

3) WHEREAS, humans are significant part of the history of the Earth, BE IT RESOLVED, human beings have existed on Earth since it was first formed, 4000 years ago.

4) WHEREAS, the Earth's atmosphere is a place of enormous physical diversity and variance, BE IT RESOLVED, no one shall reduce the Earth's atmosphere to a single number such as average temperature.

5) WHEREAS, children are the adults of tomorrow and not a resource to be plundered, BE IT RESOLVED, performing experiments on them, including their bodies and stem cells, shall not be permitted.

< The BNP Strikes Back | BBC White season: 'Rivers of Blood' >
Defense of Science Act | 8 comments (8 topical, 0 hidden) | Trackback
Four legs good by sasquatchan (1.00 / 1) #1 Fri Sep 17, 2004 at 01:05:47 AM EST
two legs better
four legs good, two legs better!
four legs good, two legs better!
four legs good, two legs better!

All animals are created equal! by wiredog (3.00 / 0) #2 Fri Sep 17, 2004 at 01:26:11 AM EST

Earth First!
(We can strip mine the rest later.)

Nearly: All cloned animals are created equal [n/t] by Herring (5.00 / 1) #3 Fri Sep 17, 2004 at 01:36:17 AM EST

You can't inspire people with facts
- Small Gods

Fossils and Carbon Dating: by greyrat (3.00 / 0) #4 Fri Sep 17, 2004 at 02:15:50 AM EST
Tools of the Devil. I know this is true because the voices in my headGod told me so. God also told me he wanted me to be Emperor of the Solar System, so we better get the budget adjusted to allow for NASA's new spending spree.

Re: 4000 years by TurboThy (4.50 / 2) #5 Fri Sep 17, 2004 at 02:26:51 AM EST
Couple of years ago, a student of Geology at the University of Copenhagen, who also happened to be a Jehovah's Witness (the student, not the varsity) seriously applied for exemption from exam in any form of geology except sedimentary, since he believed Earth was but 4000 years old and all rocks created by TISG.

(Happily, this was rejected summarily by the board of studies.)
__
Sommerhus til salg, første række til Kattegat.

Point #4 by ENOENT (4.50 / 2) #6 Fri Sep 17, 2004 at 02:36:15 AM EST
In fact, the Earth was formed 32 years ago. All claims to the contrary are mere hearsay.

Also, there should be mention that I am the really significant part of history, and all other humans are my playthings.

Life is just one damned thing after another.
Love is just two damned things after each other.

nope by 606 (3.00 / 0) #7 Fri Sep 17, 2004 at 04:16:45 AM EST
The earth was actually formed 23 years ago. Any memories earlier than that were implanted by Satan.

-----
imagine dancing banana here
Please allow me to introduce myself by ENOENT (5.50 / 2) #8 Fri Sep 17, 2004 at 04:25:03 AM EST
er, wait. That's been done today.

Life is just one damned thing after another.
Love is just two damned things after each other.

Defense of Science Act | 8 comments (8 topical, 0 hidden) | Trackback