Print Story Super discount bikini!
By Merekat (Wed Sep 01, 2004 at 12:55:22 AM EST) (all tags)
No thanks. I'm strongly considering actually bothering to filter spam.

I have obtained a skip. Apparently you only need a permit if the skip goes in a paid parking area. Now all I have to do is make sure the world and his donkey don't overfill it before it gets collected or they won't take it away.

I have a possible recommendation for a plasterer to do some skimming on the walls. Having read two DIY manuals on the subject, this can only be a good thing. Our electrician has decided he isn't doing another rewiring in a house like that again ever.

Apparently my next OU module (D842 - Discourse Analysis) has a sub 70% pass rate. I'm stunned. I hope it isn't going to be more difficult than it appears since I'm going to be quite busy with a lot of other things while studying it.

It appears a surprising number of us were rejected from Oxford and Cambridge and were pleased about it. Husi obviously gets the cream of rejects:)

Where is a good place to get a pint in Cambridge around Friday lunchtime anyway?

< Will the madness never end? | BBC White season: 'Rivers of Blood' >
Super discount bikini! | 19 comments (19 topical, 0 hidden) | Trackback
Skimming by ad hoc (6.00 / 2) #1 Wed Sep 01, 2004 at 12:57:58 AM EST
is not a DIY thing. It takes lots of practice and is hard (time consuming) to fix if you get it wrong.

IAWTP by Metatone (3.00 / 0) #2 Wed Sep 01, 2004 at 01:01:05 AM EST
Charlie (a grand old man of a plasterer) taught me a bit about it when I was young... but even then I would certainly consider it another classic case where what takes a pro a day or so can easily turn into a week of grief DIY style...

Add the drying time to this and it's a lot better just to get someone skilled in to do it so it doesn't delay everything else...

Uh huh by Merekat (3.00 / 0) #3 Wed Sep 01, 2004 at 01:04:03 AM EST
It will probably be done pro or not at all. The only thing it will hold up is painting which isn't too bad in context.

Well, if it's only the painting... by Metatone (3.00 / 0) #4 Wed Sep 01, 2004 at 01:06:38 AM EST
Dig out and have fun...

It's when it delays the painting, which delays the carpets, which delays the furniture, which delays getting on and living life that you have to worry...

Cambridge Reject by jump the ladder (3.00 / 0) #5 Wed Sep 01, 2004 at 01:08:13 AM EST
Went for an interview. Had to wait outside in January in the frezing cold courtyard for an hour. Not impressed so thought fuck'em.

Applied to Queens by anonimouse (3.00 / 0) #10 Wed Sep 01, 2004 at 01:21:00 AM EST
Totally fucked up interview. 'nuff said.

Girls come and go but a mortgage is for 25 years -- JtL
Skip... by ana (6.00 / 1) #6 Wed Sep 01, 2004 at 01:10:48 AM EST
There's a large construction debris container parked near one of the libraries at Harvard which is being gutted and remodeled. The sign on the end of it says:
Mixed Debris Only

Like what else is anybody going to put in it?

K5: Because that dead horse ain't gonna beat itself --Armaphine

Stuff by ad hoc (6.00 / 1) #9 Wed Sep 01, 2004 at 01:15:43 AM EST
that can't be sorted into piles of reusable/recyclable other stuff?

Spam by hulver (3.00 / 0) #7 Wed Sep 01, 2004 at 01:13:19 AM EST
I don't have a problem with spam, but then I use gmail ;)
Cheese is not a hat. - clock
tease! [n/t] by martingale (3.00 / 0) #12 Wed Sep 01, 2004 at 01:26:03 AM EST

$E(X_t|F_s) = X_s,\quad t > s$
I propose a front page poll by Rogerborg (3.00 / 0) #8 Wed Sep 01, 2004 at 01:14:23 AM EST
From which prestigious university were you rejected?

Metus amatores matrum compescit, non clementia.
bikini by martingale (3.00 / 0) #11 Wed Sep 01, 2004 at 01:24:29 AM EST
Itsy Bitsy Teenie Weenie Yellow Polka-dot Bikini, Yay!

From memory: The best known pub is probably the Eagle, but if you walk near the river, there's pubs everywhere. If you don't walk near the river, well there's pubs in many places too.
$E(X_t|F_s) = X_s,\quad t > s$

Oxford and Cambridge by priestess (6.00 / 2) #13 Wed Sep 01, 2004 at 01:35:05 AM EST
I only applied to universities by the seaside, so I rejected them both! Dumb univiersities without a nearby coast. What can you learn without waves and sea?

Pre..........
---------
Chat to the virtual me...

I thought about applying to Cambridge... by Metatone (3.00 / 0) #14 Wed Sep 01, 2004 at 01:46:07 AM EST
but ended up applying and going to another Cambridge institution altogether mainly because I didn't want to end up at university with exactly the kind of people I'd gone to school with...

Cambridge Drinking by sL1mB0y (3.00 / 0) #15 Wed Sep 01, 2004 at 02:11:48 AM EST
Depends whereabouts you are - in the center, there's a nice pub a couple of doors down from Nando's (can't remember the name of it - The Castle rings a bell)

Out by the CRC or Science Park try to get to The Pike and Eel, on the canal, good food, good prices!
Lemmy loves you

Great name for a pub by fritz the cat (3.00 / 0) #16 Wed Sep 01, 2004 at 02:16:33 AM EST
'The Castle Rings A Bell'

[Ed.: currently a dormant account - posting on behalf of extremely tedious HuSer]
Heh yep by sL1mB0y (3.00 / 0) #17 Wed Sep 01, 2004 at 02:24:28 AM EST
Shame they ring it far too early :(
Lemmy loves you
Plural Castles by Vulch (3.00 / 0) #18 Wed Sep 01, 2004 at 03:11:34 AM EST

Is that the Castle in town or the Castle on Castle Hill? This has been important for assorted real life meets in the past.

I'd go for the Green Dragon rather than the Pike and Eel these days, and the Carlton Arms is picking up a decent reputation under its current landlord at about the same distance.

Of course, this being Camby and Teh Intarweb, there's an online pub guide.

Castle by sL1mB0y (3.00 / 0) #19 Wed Sep 01, 2004 at 03:23:43 AM EST
In town, few doors down from Nando's I think ... I may be wrong about the pub name, I was rather drunk when I went in there, just remember good live music and good cheap beer :)
Lemmy loves you