Print Story Going Out With Young Girls
By jump the ladder (Wed Aug 18, 2004 at 10:35:14 PM EST) (all tags)
Hmm, got a date with a very attractive 20 year old black lady on Friday and it's pretty much a cert judging by our phone conversations. As I'm in a rich vein of form at the moment, shame to keep it to one girl until I've made my mind up :). The thing is I'm 33 so surely 20 year olds are bit young for me. Then again I've got no baggage like kids or former spouses etc and younger girls are less likely to as well. Plus they're normally fitter ;).

Poll: Am I a dirty old man?

Holiday

My bro wants to go on cycling holiday to Italy or Spain in October with me. Not sure as you have to drag all the gear on the bikes unlike the organised trip I went on in Vietnam. But then you have a bit more freedom if you want stay a bit longer at another place.

Golf

Playing golf for the first time this year with one of the guys at the bank on saturday. Glad I've got my car back as the golf club is out in Mitcham.

< Isn't Auntie Beeb Wonderful | BBC White season: 'Rivers of Blood' >
Going Out With Young Girls | 27 comments (27 topical, 0 hidden) | Trackback
WIPO by random (6.00 / 1) #1 Wed Aug 18, 2004 at 10:42:05 PM EST
Yes, but does it really matter?

[ WARNING: Sounds suspiciously like the start to anonimouse's deduction of 15% of his income. ]

Breaks the by sL1mB0y (3.00 / 0) #2 Wed Aug 18, 2004 at 10:44:41 PM EST
Dirty Old Man rule - you need to go out with someone 231/2 at least!
Lemmy loves you
It just depends by Dr H0ffm4n (3.00 / 0) #4 Wed Aug 18, 2004 at 11:17:27 PM EST
The number of her age shouldn't matter if she's mature enough. I just doubt the maturity of most 20 year olds.

Or 33 year olds for that matter.

She seems pretty switched on by jump the ladder (3.00 / 0) #5 Wed Aug 18, 2004 at 11:22:53 PM EST
For someone that young. But then I barely know her so we shall see.

4 years and 9 months is far too young!!! (n/t) by Cloaked User (6.00 / 1) #8 Thu Aug 19, 2004 at 12:08:23 AM EST

This is not a psychotic episode. It is a cleansing moment of clarity.
WIPO by anonimouse (6.00 / 1) #3 Wed Aug 18, 2004 at 10:54:07 PM EST
You're asking me.

MusicGirl is 20 on Aug 27th. Please give generously for the hours of reading entertainment she and I have provided you with

Girls come and go but a mortgage is for 25 years -- JtL
Meh... by Metatone (6.00 / 2) #6 Wed Aug 18, 2004 at 11:22:54 PM EST
I voted "Maybe" becaouse I don't know you... but age is an overrated as a determinant... after all it's a date, not a marriage proposal...

and most importantly, 20 is nowhere near gazbo territory...

Heh by sL1mB0y (6.00 / 1) #7 Wed Aug 18, 2004 at 11:28:49 PM EST
Ex is 18, ExEx was 16 when we started going out

ExEx had a thing for dressing in school uniforms ... and I sure didn't have a problem with it :)
Lemmy loves you

WIPO by Cloaked User (6.00 / 1) #9 Thu Aug 19, 2004 at 12:12:10 AM EST
I think it mostly depends on the individuals concerned. You're going to have an awful lot more experience than her, but then she may have "wisdom beyond her years", as it were. Also, you're not quite old enough to be her father, so that's one concern less.

On the other hand, at 22 I considered a (really rather cute) 18 year old friend of mine to be too young when she started dropping not-so-subtle hints. Of course, looking back now, I think I was an idiot...

This is not a psychotic episode. It is a cleansing moment of clarity.

PostObligCUAndWomenComment [n/t] by sL1mB0y (5.50 / 2) #10 Thu Aug 19, 2004 at 12:14:43 AM EST

Lemmy loves you
Have I really got that much more experience? by jump the ladder (3.00 / 0) #11 Thu Aug 19, 2004 at 12:18:18 AM EST
I've been pretty shite at relationships or even pulling until the last few years. Other stuff, maybe.

Not relationship experience by Cloaked User (3.00 / 0) #14 Thu Aug 19, 2004 at 12:29:56 AM EST
More "life experience". I dunno, I have the feeling that people too far removed from your own age can seem immature or too mature (as appropriate).

That said, CR is about 7 years younger than me, and it's very rare indeed that I've felt her to be less mature. That was commented on by a friend of hers nearer my own age, however, so I'm not the only one to feel that way about age differences.

This is not a psychotic episode. It is a cleansing moment of clarity.

Eh? by Evil Cloaked User (3.00 / 0) #15 Thu Aug 19, 2004 at 12:34:35 AM EST
You're in your first job since college, and she's 7 years your junior. That makes her.... something? Younger than me I guess. There go my mental images.

Explanation by Cloaked User (3.00 / 0) #17 Thu Aug 19, 2004 at 12:41:00 AM EST
I've been here for nearly 5.5 years, my degree was 4 years long, and I wastedspent a year and a half doing a PhD before dropping out to come here. That may make me a little older than you'd thought, given the "extra" 2.5 years between a typical college/uni leaving date and my starting work.

This is not a psychotic episode. It is a cleansing moment of clarity.
That still makes her by Evil Cloaked User (5.00 / 1) #19 Thu Aug 19, 2004 at 12:59:51 AM EST
About 22 by my reckoning.

Seeing as how I've been working in industry for 5.5 years too, (and I'm 25) I guess some of my views were skewed.

Wow by jump the ladder (3.00 / 0) #16 Thu Aug 19, 2004 at 12:36:19 AM EST
She must have been very young you met her.

Not really by Cloaked User (3.00 / 0) #18 Thu Aug 19, 2004 at 12:49:08 AM EST
I'm older than you think it seems - 30 is but a few short weeks away...

This is not a psychotic episode. It is a cleansing moment of clarity.
WIPO: No, however you may be... by Rogerborg (3.00 / 0) #12 Thu Aug 19, 2004 at 12:20:43 AM EST
One of those dinner party bores who can't help mentioning the fact that his girlfriend is a lady of colour every second sentence.

Metus amatores matrum compescit, non clementia.
Not Really by jump the ladder (3.00 / 0) #13 Thu Aug 19, 2004 at 12:23:01 AM EST
I'm not doing it to be PC. I'm doing because she's hawtie and I get on well with her.

I didn't say you were by Rogerborg (3.00 / 0) #20 Thu Aug 19, 2004 at 01:05:07 AM EST
But you did happen to mention it.  Just saying, is all.

Metus amatores matrum compescit, non clementia.
Yep by jump the ladder (3.00 / 0) #21 Thu Aug 19, 2004 at 01:13:23 AM EST
But it's like saying I was seeing in italian bird the other week. Or a yank or a geordie lass.

Yes. Yes, it's *like* that. OK. by Rogerborg (6.00 / 2) #22 Thu Aug 19, 2004 at 01:18:06 AM EST
Ignore me, I'm just being more-colour-blind-than-thou.

Metus amatores matrum compescit, non clementia.
WIPO: Can't tell by Herring (6.00 / 3) #23 Thu Aug 19, 2004 at 01:51:19 AM EST
plspstpixkthx

christ, we're all old now - StackyMcRacky
hrm, I prefer ... by BlueOregon (6.00 / 1) #24 Thu Aug 19, 2004 at 03:21:29 AM EST

... the term "Dirty Older Man" (at least until I reach "middle age").

I have two 'rule':
1. beggars can't be choosers
2. don't hit on someone that young, but if they hit on you, fine.

Yes, you are a dirty old man. by priestess (6.00 / 2) #25 Thu Aug 19, 2004 at 04:44:08 AM EST
Though this has nothing whatsoever to do with your age or your date's age, much more to do with the fact you're dirty and old and a man.

HTH HAND.

Pre..............
---------
Chat to the virtual me...

Owe you a drinky some time by jump the ladder (3.00 / 0) #26 Thu Aug 19, 2004 at 04:51:10 AM EST
Sorry all these wimmin are quite time consuming...

Aw by priestess (6.00 / 1) #27 Thu Aug 19, 2004 at 06:30:06 AM EST
Forget the drink and give me one of the women then :)

Pre..........
---------
Chat to the virtual me...

Going Out With Young Girls | 27 comments (27 topical, 0 hidden) | Trackback