Print Story It is kind of boring here
By Mark (Tue Aug 17, 2004 at 10:26:20 PM EST) (all tags)
This place seems to be populated with 40 year old men and 30 year old women, who complain all day about their jobs, complain about their babies, and complain about their relationships.

And there is the token 14 year old boy that posts fish recipes to everything.

And of course, I'm still smarting that my entry to the site design competition was soundly ignored.

So I believe I'll be moving on to find something new.
< AGNIR ASMYAHAM | BBC White season: 'Rivers of Blood' >
It is kind of boring here | 32 comments (32 topical, 0 hidden) | Trackback
Bye by nebbish (5.00 / 1) #1 Tue Aug 17, 2004 at 10:28:37 PM EST

--------
It's political correctness gone mad!

cheerio by snugglebunny (6.00 / 1) #2 Tue Aug 17, 2004 at 10:34:30 PM EST
en tea

-- Life is unfair, kill yourself or get over it - Black Box Recorder : Child Psychology
like'em in milk myself [au lait] by martingale (6.00 / 1) #6 Tue Aug 17, 2004 at 10:47:55 PM EST

$E(X_t|F_s) = X_s,\quad t > s$
Yes. by ambrosen (6.00 / 1) #7 Tue Aug 17, 2004 at 10:51:48 PM EST
When I eat them, I prefer them plural, too.

BWARK! BWARK! by snugglebunny (6.00 / 1) #12 Tue Aug 17, 2004 at 11:09:35 PM EST
Bad joke alert but +1 FP

OK Toodle off then. by rdskutter (6.00 / 5) #3 Tue Aug 17, 2004 at 10:34:54 PM EST
And don't come back to tell us how much we all suck in your opinion.

"BEEN A BIT CARELESS HAVEN'T WE" - Mr Death

Easy Fried Fish Fillets by rmg (6.00 / 8) #4 Tue Aug 17, 2004 at 10:41:00 PM EST
Ingredients:

Pour 1 inch of oil in skillet; heat to 375°. Combine flour, salt, pepper, and paprika. Dip fish fillets into flour mixture. Fry fish for about 5 minutes on each side; remove to a platter.
Makes 3 to 4 servings.

[t]rolling retards conversation, period.
That's a lot of flour for 450g of fish by BadDoggie (6.00 / 6) #8 Tue Aug 17, 2004 at 10:53:46 PM EST
I find that a 60-40 mix of flour to fine cornmeal makes for a much richer flavour as well as a more enjoyable texture.

Also, you really should try dipping the fish in beaten egg to get the flour to stick better. You cet the best coating by patting the fish dry with towels, dipping it in egg, dredging it in flour, then repeating the egg and flour.

woof.

"Eppur si muove." -- Galileo Galilei
"Nevertheless, it moves."

Needs more turmeric [n/t] by Rogerborg (6.00 / 7) #14 Tue Aug 17, 2004 at 11:41:48 PM EST

Metus amatores matrum compescit, non clementia.
Where is the egg and/or milk? by yankeehack (6.00 / 4) #20 Wed Aug 18, 2004 at 02:10:53 AM EST
And what about seasoned breadcrumbs for Italian style?
In the refrigerator where they belong. by ucblockhead (6.00 / 1) #24 Wed Aug 18, 2004 at 04:39:22 AM EST
</CookingTroll>
[ucblockhead is] useless and subhuman
Wanna know what's good? by ucblockhead (3.00 / 0) #23 Wed Aug 18, 2004 at 04:37:55 AM EST
Find some blue corn meal and mix it half and half with the flour. (Leave out the paprika, obviously.)
[ucblockhead is] useless and subhuman
Y'know, I think the recipe idea... by gzt (3.00 / 0) #26 Wed Aug 18, 2004 at 08:48:14 AM EST
...is the best thing about Kos. Besides the massive biters.

indeed. by rmg (6.00 / 1) #27 Wed Aug 18, 2004 at 09:11:13 AM EST
i've gotten four accounts killed in the past three days there. i broke my cardinal rule and abused the mod system to get a trusted account. damnest thing having an account that's both trusted and untrusted.

if you want to see the full version of my charles devonborough the third thread, i've uploaded a copy to my files. hidden comments and all. charles.html, i believe.

then i got another account killed flaming that mike s jackass. god i hate that guy.

man... that place needs a full scale troll invasion. it's too bad everyone who was any good quit.

[t]rolling retards conversation, period.

Yeah, Mike S is a real dick. by gzt (3.00 / 0) #28 Wed Aug 18, 2004 at 10:32:57 AM EST
DCDemocrat is cool, a gentlemanly adversary.

yeah. kind of funny though. by rmg (3.00 / 0) #29 Wed Aug 18, 2004 at 11:06:42 AM EST
i like how a realtor presumes to call my learning into question. definitely bites hard. unfortunately, he's trigger happy with ratings.

i think what i'll do is write a script to modbomb him subtly just to annoy the hell out of him. that'll teach 'im.

[t]rolling retards conversation, period.

There's trolls everywhere! by gzt (6.00 / 1) #31 Wed Aug 18, 2004 at 01:34:57 PM EST
Well, he's right, but that doesn't make him sound less like a paranoid wackjob.

oh wait! .... um.... okay ..... by rmg (6.00 / 2) #5 Tue Aug 17, 2004 at 10:46:36 PM EST
.... and you are .... ?

[t]rolling retards conversation, period.
I was saving this for another, but what the hell. by ti dave (6.00 / 17) #9 Tue Aug 17, 2004 at 10:59:42 PM EST
DON`T FORGET TO SCRAMBLE YOUR PASSW0RD, MARKIE!

I don't care if people hate my guts; I assume most of them do.
The important question is whether they are in a position to do anything about it. --W.S. Burroughs

+1 Front Page by zantispam (6.00 / 1) #18 Wed Aug 18, 2004 at 01:05:59 AM EST
whiny bitch

Yeah, you better run before LiaD stabs you with his shiny metal cock! -- theboz
Of all your trolls by creo (6.00 / 2) #10 Tue Aug 17, 2004 at 11:04:03 PM EST
This is definately the best.

I must have been sleeping during those fish recipe posts, although RMG appears to have stepped up in this diary.

Cheers
Creo.

"I shall do what I believe to be right and honourable" - Guderian

It really is amazing by codemonkey uk (6.00 / 9) #11 Tue Aug 17, 2004 at 11:04:32 PM EST
You have such an impressive record of being wrong 100% of the time, that I can only conclude that you are not moving on, and will not find something new.

--- Thad ---
Almost as Smart As you.
We fooled you GOOD by Rogerborg (6.00 / 11) #13 Tue Aug 17, 2004 at 11:26:15 PM EST
I guess you never found the hidden section where we discuss our secret lives as costumed crime fighters.  I always wanted you to join us as The Lone Disapprover.

Metus amatores matrum compescit, non clementia.
buh-bye by komet (6.00 / 3) #15 Tue Aug 17, 2004 at 11:45:45 PM EST
I will remember you whenever I get pissed with my physicist friends and we make snide and insulting remarks about people who don't understand basic mechanics, yet still feel the urge to expound on the matter.

<ni> komet: You are functionally illiterate as regards trashy erotica.
You are completely right. by hulver (6.00 / 8) #16 Wed Aug 18, 2004 at 12:05:24 AM EST
Happy hunting!
Cheese is not a hat. - clock
Funniest "I'm Leaving" Diary EVAR by cam (6.00 / 7) #17 Wed Aug 18, 2004 at 12:35:29 AM EST
Awesome.

Note to self, "In any future diaries where I leave a site must post an ambiguous note about 14 year olds posting fish recipes"

cam
Freedom, liberty, equity and an Australian Republic

-1, Contains no mentions of Ninjas. by MohammedNiyalSayeed (6.00 / 3) #19 Wed Aug 18, 2004 at 01:27:59 AM EST

Though, as the other readers have mentioned, this is probably your best work yet. Particularly the part about the 14 year old boy with the fish recipes. Lovely, sir.

Bye! by spiralx (6.00 / 5) #21 Wed Aug 18, 2004 at 02:39:43 AM EST

What you talking about Willis??? by dmg (3.00 / 0) #30 Wed Aug 18, 2004 at 11:29:22 AM EST

dmg - HuSi's most dimwitted overprivileged user.
Wrong by ENOENT (5.00 / 1) #22 Wed Aug 18, 2004 at 02:47:22 AM EST
I'm actually an 80-year-old Welsh ninja hermaphrodite.

Life is just one damned thing after another.
Love is just two damned things after each other.

Indeed by Mark (3.00 / 0) #25 Wed Aug 18, 2004 at 05:00:54 AM EST
A true ninja does not read entries about webwenches menopause or whatever. Ninjas do not know what menopause is.

I'll make a scoop site dedicated to ninjas maybe, if I find nothing existing on the web.

Oh man by jacob (3.00 / 0) #32 Mon Aug 23, 2004 at 03:02:32 AM EST
Were I a .sigging sort of a person, I'd totally .sig that first line there.

And of course if you want to talk about ninjas, go to the source. Though from looking at the third Q and A, I take it that maybe you've already been there ...

It is kind of boring here | 32 comments (32 topical, 0 hidden) | Trackback