Print Story CT takes a Trip
Travel
By Captain Tenille (Wed Jul 28, 2004 at 06:48:43 AM EST) (all tags)
Tomorrow morning, for the first time in seven years, I'm stepping on a plane, and leaving Washington State for the fourth time in as many years (the other three were heading to Portland, OR, so they may not count).

Anyway, I'll be in lovely New England for about five days. I'm hoping I'll be able to make it down to Boston briefly at least one of them.

Pabst Blue Ribbon is available out there, right?

At least the nectar of the gods* can be obtained out there.

*: Jaegermeister

< Bat out of Hell | BBC White season: 'Rivers of Blood' >
CT takes a Trip | 20 comments (20 topical, 0 hidden) | Trackback
Heilman's Old Style [nt] by greyrat (6.00 / 1) #1 Wed Jul 28, 2004 at 06:53:25 AM EST

huh? by Captain Tenille (3.00 / 0) #2 Wed Jul 28, 2004 at 06:54:50 AM EST

---------

/* You are not expected to understand this. */

You mentioned PBR, I'm just upping your ante. [nt] by greyrat (3.00 / 0) #3 Wed Jul 28, 2004 at 06:56:08 AM EST

Never heard of it. by Captain Tenille (3.00 / 0) #5 Wed Jul 28, 2004 at 07:05:22 AM EST
Must not be available in the Pacific NW.

---------

/* You are not expected to understand this. */

Addendum: by Captain Tenille (6.00 / 1) #11 Wed Jul 28, 2004 at 07:23:34 AM EST
I have been informed that Heilman's Old Style is not fancy-pants beer, the sort that litters the city streets around these parts. It may be an acceptable substitute.

Failing that, there's always Black Label, Milwaukee's Beast, or the tried and true Olympia. Don't think Oly's available out there, though.

---------

/* You are not expected to understand this. */

Heh, it's not PBR... by theboz (6.00 / 2) #12 Wed Jul 28, 2004 at 07:34:11 AM EST
...but I would have pegged you for a Busch bastard.
- - - - -
I buy Miller -- even in St. Louis by greyrat (6.00 / 1) #17 Wed Jul 28, 2004 at 08:07:15 AM EST
Livin' on the edge I am!

What of Genesee, or Utica Club? by georgeha (6.00 / 2) #13 Wed Jul 28, 2004 at 07:38:26 AM EST
Part of the fun of traveling is drinking, cheap, terrible regional beer, of which Genesee and Utica Club would surely deliver. I'm sure there are New England equivalents.

Open your mind, step beyond Milwaukee's Best or PBR.

Cheap beer by Captain Tenille (3.00 / 0) #14 Wed Jul 28, 2004 at 07:43:28 AM EST
I don't drink Milwaukee's Beast much; it really is terrible. PBR is sweet lovely goodness, though. Pabst and Oly (they're basically the same beer these days) are, in my opinion, the finest schwag-ass domestic beers out there.

Pabst Blue Ribbon, I pledge allegiance to thee.

---------

/* You are not expected to understand this. */

Old Milwaukee is better by georgeha (6.00 / 1) #15 Wed Jul 28, 2004 at 07:49:17 AM EST
but you can get that anywhere.

And then, in the Minnesota by greyrat (3.00 / 0) #16 Wed Jul 28, 2004 at 08:04:16 AM EST
there used to beis:

Grain Belt.

Nectar of the Gods by Abort Retry Fail (6.00 / 1) #18 Wed Jul 28, 2004 at 08:17:08 AM EST
I was always convinced that the Grain Belt Brewery was downstream on the Mississippi from the Mpls sewer discharge pipe.

How the mighty have fallen... by ti dave (6.00 / 3) #4 Wed Jul 28, 2004 at 06:57:46 AM EST
A once proud man, now relegated to delivering monocle polish.

I'm getting a little misty as I type this.

I don't care if people hate my guts; I assume most of them do.
The important question is whether they are in a position to do anything about it. --W.S. Burroughs

Heh. by Captain Tenille (6.00 / 1) #7 Wed Jul 28, 2004 at 07:08:05 AM EST
Never fear, I shall keep my air of NW superiority about me at all times.

---------

/* You are not expected to understand this. */

Excellent. by ti dave (6.00 / 1) #9 Wed Jul 28, 2004 at 07:13:03 AM EST
Also, don't let the TSA confiscate your Birkenstocks.

I don't care if people hate my guts; I assume most of them do.

/me sputters by Captain Tenille (3.00 / 0) #10 Wed Jul 28, 2004 at 07:17:03 AM EST
Birkenstocks?!?!

I'll kill you, motherfucker.

I might not wear my tankers on the plane, though. The gf insisted on buying me "cute shoes" (I don't really understand it either; I already had a pair of boots), so I might wear those. Of course, I like my boots more, and I'm still gonna have to take them off constantly.

Decisions, decisions.

---------

/* You are not expected to understand this. */

"cute shoes"? by ti dave (3.00 / 0) #20 Wed Jul 28, 2004 at 08:53:29 PM EST
I'm gonna have to cross the County Line for that one. I'll pstpx too. That's a promise.

I don't care if people hate my guts; I assume most of them do.

jaeger by yankeehack (6.00 / 1) #6 Wed Jul 28, 2004 at 07:07:56 AM EST
the last time I drunk enough to have requested jaeger, I soon found myself saying "I feel sick" and puking in the bathroom.

This would be funny if it didn't happen only a few months ago.

The last time I had jaeger by Captain Tenille (3.00 / 0) #8 Wed Jul 28, 2004 at 07:09:48 AM EST
Was yesterday, oddly enough. I usually have a shot at least 5 days a week. Good, if somewhat horrifying, stuff.

It's odd how it doesn't have that much alcohol, really (70 proof, IIRC), but fucks you up good.

---------