Print Story It rarely fails, take a day off
Wizards and Hobbits
By georgeha (Thu Jul 22, 2004 at 05:02:41 AM EST) (all tags)
shit happens. Plus, bikini reviews, Slashdot held hostage: day three, starting my day crouched over a foul and fetid shrine, and more!

Poll: Every man wants a motorcycle?

Yesterday was a day off to go to the local amusementpark/waterpark, Seabreeze, with the family and my parents. It's not a huge place, but it is close, and it has just enough for a fun day. Of course, the Exchange server died an hour before I left on Tuesday, preventing me from leaving an Out of Office message, and letting lots of people feel free to delegate stuff to me. Wednesday morning ended up being a feverish logging on, sending off a few mail messages, and dreading today.

Bikini review

Seabreeze was a lot of fun, the three year old went on quite a few rides, and we even went down the river tube ride three times (it was three feet deep, and slow moving, with lifeguards a plenty). I did notice that modelesque bikini wearers are very rare, though most of the bikini wearers looked good enough, I sure wasn't complaining. Quite a few were jailbait, I'm sure.

Too soon it was time to leave if we wanted to make the Wednesday night swim class, and girl-across-the-street did (I'm thinking I need her SSN, she's practically a dependent). By the time we got packed up, changed, and said goodbye to friend of parents (who's dad I inherited my tap from), it was late indeed, but we made it to the Y in time. Mrs. Ha agreed to watch the girls, while I did the dinner duties. However, the goat was getting inspected, so I had to take the Kawi out grocery shopping. I can fit corn, sausage patties, hot dogs, a bell pepper and rolls in my backpack. I need saddlebags. But any excuse to ride is a good one, though I might have preferred the goat today, as thunderstorms are forecast, but the goat is getting a new axle.

Had we more time, I would have cooked the pepper and onions longer, but they were still as scrumptious as a teenager in a bikini.

Slashdot held hostage: Day Three

For the third day, our webfilter thinks the sections of Slashdot are chat rooms. So, apple.slashdot.org/$story_url is blocked as chat, while the same url, minus the apple prepend, works. Good thinking, my job involves supporting any computer platform that outputs PostScript or acts as a file server, why would I need to keep up to day on the latest computer gossip. For instance, MS freeing SFU saved my ass in  Houston, had I not read /., I would have never know. Idjits.

Fetid fumes in the morn

I started my day crouched over a foul and fetid shrine. Going to bed last night, Mrs. Ha said the upstairs toilet was draining real slow. Rather than rely on the kids to not use it, I decided to tackle it this morning. Wonderfully, the last dump never went all the way down, so I got to snake very foul water. It may have been girl-across-the-street flushing wipes, or maybe Mrs. Ha. Geh.

$product_to_save_company vexes me again

We have a group picnic this afternoon, but I shall be missing it to meet with engineers of $product_to_save_company from the sticking plastic to paper part of that $product. It deals with a very long problem, so anything to get rid off it.

Thyroid

I suspect Mrs. Ha's thyroid meds are off, she's very tired, which sucks, it brings along the concomimant libidinous decrease and the concominant workload increase for me.

Every man wants a motorcycle

Mom-Ha was discussing Dad-ha, and said he always wanted a motorcycle. I'd recommend a Burgman or Aprileo scooter, since his knees aren't that great, but I doubt they would go that far. But, it made me think, and I suspect every man wants a motorcycle. I don't know if it's the fun, the load, the rebellious nature, or the between the legs throbbing phallusity, but I suspect most men do. Vote in my poll.

< The Fence Game | BBC White season: 'Rivers of Blood' >
It rarely fails, take a day off | 16 comments (16 topical, 0 hidden) | Trackback
Yep yep yep by Bob Abooey (3.00 / 0) #1 Thu Jul 22, 2004 at 05:16:43 AM EST
I think we menfolk, on a subconscious level, view the motorcycle as an extension of our penii.

A giant powerful dangerous throbbing masculine extension.

Plus chicks dig guys on a bike, you can't deny that.

Warmest regards,
--Your best pal Bob

Zo, a vimmin on der motorcycle has penis envy by georgeha (3.00 / 0) #4 Thu Jul 22, 2004 at 05:47:24 AM EST
that's vot you're saying?

On some level, yes by Bob Abooey (3.00 / 0) #6 Thu Jul 22, 2004 at 06:18:32 AM EST
Although some of them might not realize it because it's buried far down in their psyche, whilst others are probably more in touch with their masculine side.

Warmest regards,
--Your best pal Bob

Hey, Bob, you can bite my bag. by webwench (6.00 / 3) #8 Thu Jul 22, 2004 at 06:43:05 AM EST
Oh wai-

Is it a tank bag? by wiredog (6.00 / 1) #15 Thu Jul 22, 2004 at 09:50:02 AM EST
Or one of the leather saddlebags?

Earth First!
(We can strip mine the rest later.)

it's true by 256 (6.00 / 1) #2 Thu Jul 22, 2004 at 05:21:38 AM EST
i have always wanted a motorcycle. i even went so far as to take the test on a friend's dad's bike when i was sixteen and get my license in preparation for the day when i would be able to afford one. nine years later, i am still without a rocket of the crotch variety.

a female friend of mine recently started dating a boy with a VERY VERY fast bike. he's not that good looking but all my other female friends are jealous. i can't blame them. i'm kinda jealous myself. i'd fuck him if it meant he let me ride his bike.
I don't think anyone's ever really died from smoking. --ni

How handy are you? by georgeha (3.00 / 0) #3 Thu Jul 22, 2004 at 05:45:27 AM EST
There's usually a few motorcycles hidden in garages and such that can be had for a song. They usually require new tires, and some ebaying of parts, but it can be a cheap way to go.

I reckon my Kz 400 has run me about $700 or so, including new tires and a new title. Of course, my gear was another $400.

I think he wants to *get laid*, George. by ti dave (6.00 / 1) #7 Thu Jul 22, 2004 at 06:29:26 AM EST
There is such a thing as the "Freaky Scary Guy at the Stoplight" motorcycle.

It usually has a milk crate bungied to the rear fender.

I don't care if people hate my guts; I assume most of them do.
The important question is whether they are in a position to do anything about it. --W.S. Burroughs

I keep meaning to take that picture by georgeha (6.00 / 1) #12 Thu Jul 22, 2004 at 07:16:17 AM EST
the milk crate has to be bungied to my seat, though, the fender is too insecure.

Bike by snugglebunny (3.00 / 0) #5 Thu Jul 22, 2004 at 06:06:25 AM EST
I want to get a bike just to avoid the traffic jams around Brum. Although that's been vetoed by the darling gf as she rightly pointed out that Birmingham drivers are psychopathic and I tend to be a more agressive driver than most of them, so that plan has been put on hold for a year until we move somewhere nicer.
No self-respecting small businessman with a brain in the right place would ever employ a lady of child-bearing age." - Godfrey Bloom UKIP MEP
Motorcycles are like nubile triplets by webwench (6.00 / 3) #9 Thu Jul 22, 2004 at 06:43:46 AM EST
Every man wants them, but their wives won't let them have them.

So you get one instead? by greyrat (3.00 / 0) #11 Thu Jul 22, 2004 at 07:00:32 AM EST
AND a handgun?
AND an SUV?

Ain't the Nineteenth Amendment Great?

Thass rite by webwench (6.00 / 1) #14 Thu Jul 22, 2004 at 07:40:56 AM EST
The benefit of being single and monetarily self-supporting: no one can tell me what (not) to do :D

Let's see, one to watch the kids, by georgeha (6.00 / 1) #13 Thu Jul 22, 2004 at 07:18:19 AM EST
one to do housework, and one for sex. Yeah, triplets would work.

Don't forget: Rotate 'em monthly. by ti dave (3.00 / 0) #16 Thu Jul 22, 2004 at 08:49:20 PM EST
Proper maintenance saves on the wear and tear.

I don't care if people hate my guts; I assume most of them do.

Motorbikes by Breaker (3.00 / 0) #10 Thu Jul 22, 2004 at 06:44:39 AM EST
Love the power.  Hate the weight.  Too used to a flimsy pushbike between my legs, which I can skid to 90 degrees, dart through traffic and bunny hop if required.  I actually race motorbikes to work; if there's traffic across Tower/London/Southwark Bridge I'll usually win...

The new pushbike's a dream for hopping.  Not much cop on the wheelies though.