2. Quick fractal preview. Create the closest approximate image of an escape-time fractal (eg the Mandelbrot set) only doing a fixed number of iterations (not shortest time, to avoid making people write the loop in assembler).
3. Assisting Bayesian spam-checking. Many spammers have resorted to mangling works (eg V1.agr4). Write a program to map mangled words to their closest dictionary equivalent.
4. Optimizing simple linear code. Given a sequence of simple expressions, produce an optimized version doing any of dead-code elimination, constant-folding, etc. IOW, given:
a = b + 2 b = a * 3 b = b * 2 b = b + 0produce:
a = b + 2 b = a * 6
5. Write a program to play Tetris (take a stream of shapes on standard input, output moves you plan to make as "left, turn, down" etc).
6. Write a program to play Rocket Mania.
|< Stumble upon | BBC White season: 'Rivers of Blood' >|