Print Story Been offline for several days.
By grendel (Sun May 09, 2004 at 11:43:37 AM EST) (all tags)
Title open to interpretation.
Oh, if Froopyloot is lurking somewhere, get ahold of me soon.
Lots of people are moving.

So, my good friend Bill has moved out of our house. He and his girlfriend are getting a bigger place than our basement. I'm happy for them but going to miss having a friend nearby. The broadband access was in his name, so I had some down time waiting for the new installation.

Ryan and Erin, people I've known for ages, and somehow have managed to remain close to, proximity and emotion wise, are moving this summer. Erin has completed her education in vetrinary medicine and will soon be a practicing animal doctor. They are likely moving to Washington state. It is wonderful that her years and years of work are coming to fruition. I'm going to miss them more than I can possibly express.

My parents moved. Still way down south in my home town, but they'd been on the same land since the mid sixties, it'll be weird. Kind of a neat thing though, my aunt and uncle who've maintained homes in Cruces and Dallas, TX gave my parents their Cruces residence. Auntie and Uncle have really only lived in Texas for the last fifteen years or more. There's alot of family backgound I could go into here, but I'm not in the mood right now. Maybe later.

Yeah, speaking of moods... I think I might tell you all my favorite story of when I was first dating K, to whom I am now married. Not tonight, but soon, yes, I think I want to tell you about the fateful trip to Zuni.

I spent a couple hours on the phone with an old friend today. Matt and I have stayed in touch pretty well, until the last year. It was a pretty intense conversation. He's had a rough year so far. I think he'll do well despite it all.

Anyway. I hope you all rest well tonight.

-G

< Forevah and a Day. | BBC White season: 'Rivers of Blood' >
Been offline for several days. | 10 comments (10 topical, 0 hidden) | Trackback
Hrm. by blixco (6.00 / 1) #1 Sun May 09, 2004 at 12:34:30 PM EST
And here I thought I had Ryan and Erin talked into moving down here.  Well, the rain and cold and misery of Washington will probably lead them here eventually.

Your folks moved?!?  Wow.  Damn.

In re: all else, was Matt the one who lived here, the guy who got married?
---------------------------------
I get by on automatic
No surprise at all

Yep. by grendel (6.00 / 1) #2 Sun May 09, 2004 at 12:53:19 PM EST
Look, if I don't get to keep the hippies, neither do you. Erin is interviewing at animal hospitols in WA in a couple weeks. And you have to admit how appealing a cool rainy environment sounds (in theory) to a couple of desert rats. What with them moving up there and so many of K's ilk being in Seattle, we'll consider it in a few years.

Yeah, I've got odd feelings about my parents moving. I'm pretty sure my Mom is going to flip out badly for a while. Like I said above, there are volumes of family crap behind this... I think i told you about it way back when, that side of the family owned the company Dad worked for for 30 odd years, then it was sold, and he still drives truck for the entity. The family biz had no retirement plans whatever. I kinda view this as everything the company should have set them up with anyway. Dad was a Company Man. A trucker who never went teamster. Oh, wait, I said I didn't feel like getting on about this tonight....

Matt was indeed the fellow in Austin at whose wedding I stood as best man. Heh, there's a slim chance they'll move Denverish.

So, other than evil at UTA and bad Ford experiences, what's going on? email me or something.

-G

Come live in my basement by bruno (6.00 / 1) #4 Tue Aug 24, 2004 at 09:46:37 AM EST
Ahh, I stumbled upon this website as a cat stumbles upon my steel-toed boot.  How funny and odd to find such comforting words on the internet.  I, hopefully am a welcome guest here.  I assume since these words are being thrown to the world, that I am ok to read them.  It has been comforting to read all your comments.  Good thing I searched "blixco" on google, eh?

Well, yes, jason, we moved to Washington, but with some foresight.  Austin would have been quite interesting, but seeing as the country is different these days, a quick escape to Canada is appealing.  But, as I mentioned, the foresight... We moved here knowing that all our friends would soon be living in this area.  In fact, I remember one drunken night in the Rockies when grendel and I discussed how some day soon, you, your wife, grendel, K, erin and I would all move to Washington, and since we're all working jobs and making real money these days, we would all go in on a huge house with tons of land.

We would all live in some insane 1.5 million dollar house with so many rooms, a week could go by before I ran into you somewhere on the property.  I think it sounds like a great idea. The most appealing part, though, is the conversation pit.  You'll have to see it to believe it.  Ahh, nothing like the ideas that come from the bottom of a few bottles of Spaten.  I miss you guys and hope you all know you are all very welcome to come up and visit/stay with us.  We're about 2 hrs north of Seattle and about 45 minutes south of Vancouver.

Hope you don't mind me barging in on these threads.

I am very happy by blixco (3.00 / 0) #8 Tue Aug 24, 2004 at 02:11:27 PM EST
that you are here.  The people who read my writing (there are a couple) will be damned confused, which is good.

And I do miss your crazy crazy craziness.

Yeah, we're looking at Canadia, the great country of Canukistan.  Not entirely 100 percent beter than the US, but every little bit....  We're hopefully going to visit you whilst on vacation.

And I think our ultimate destination, in all seriousness, is somewhere in the northwest.  I'm shooting for Oregon (some little coastal town) but there's nothing for Laurea to do in such a place.  We need a university, see.

Me, I don't need much.  A minimum wage job (if Laurea is working) and a place to type.  If it happens to be within spitting distance of ya'll, then that's a thousand percent bonus.

So, yeah.  Let's plan for it.
---------------------------------
Journeying through the world
To and fro, to and fro
Cultivating a small field.
-basho

Come one, come all! by bruno (6.00 / 1) #9 Tue Aug 24, 2004 at 06:38:16 PM EST
Come on up to the fabulous northwest!  My personal opinion of Oregon is that it's kind of filled with weird zombie folk that live in a fog and don't have much contact with the outside world.  However, I formed that opinion on a few days of touring the coast.  The people were strange and skittish and foggish.  You might check into Bellingham, WA which is conveniently located just 15 miles from here.  I really am liking the town quite a bit.  It's about the size of Cruces but has a big city feel to parts.  Lots of trees, the campus is beautiful and there's a lot of things to do and lots of coffee to drink.  It's cool.  Anyway, check into it.  You can live with us while you look for a place to live.  If Grendel and K move up here we can have a real live party!  Wooo woo!!

Email me if you get a chance by jvotaw (3.00 / 0) #3 Thu May 27, 2004 at 04:44:45 PM EST
... or pass a msg through Blixco or something.

Damnation! by froopyloot (3.00 / 0) #5 Tue Aug 24, 2004 at 10:22:34 AM EST
Lurking... err, sorry, wasn't looking... should have... grrrr.

Right then.  I'm now a hold of you.

~M

skull by bruno (3.00 / 0) #6 Tue Aug 24, 2004 at 11:06:55 AM EST
I want your skull.  I need your skull.

You're mad crazy. by blixco (3.00 / 0) #7 Tue Aug 24, 2004 at 02:06:59 PM EST
And it makes me shiver!
---------------------------------
Journeying through the world
To and fro, to and fro
Cultivating a small field.
-basho
Ok, bub by froopyloot (3.00 / 0) #10 Wed Aug 25, 2004 at 09:48:09 AM EST
One skull, coming right up.

~m