Print Story Salutations and Valedictions
By illsorted (Wed May 26, 2004 at 02:06:22 AM EST) (all tags)
Truly a triumphant return!

I hereby call this meeting to order. Please follow along with your copy of the agenda so you know of what we speak.
  • I'm back! You were gone? Yeah, I was gone, you fuck...vacation was nice. Spent a week in Texas, returning to South Dakota yesterday. Vacation time was pretty evenly dived between eating, sleeping, and wondering aimlessly. Just the way I like it.
  • Farewell to Phish. Apparently they are finished after this summer. I enjoy much of their music, however, the last couple albums have seen a steady decline into pop. It's a good time to be done. Unfortunately, I've never been to a show and will have to wait until the 20th anniversary reunion tour.
  • Was informed last night via teh e-mail that I am under consideration for a job with the state government. Not sure what to think at the moment. Benefits would be great (esp. considering that I get exactly squat here) and pay would be comparable. Work would probably be more enjoyable and some traveling (in-state) would be required. We'll see what happens.
  • My minister of finance informs me that I am summarily broke.
  • When applying sunblock to protect from the vicious Texan sun, be sure to evenly coat the entire body, lest you later be covered in strange looking red streaks and sun-burnt nipples. Just saying, ya know?

Time to catch up on my favorite HuSi diarists. Peace out.
< On Humour and Cockroaches | BBC White season: 'Rivers of Blood' >
Salutations and Valedictions | 12 comments (12 topical, 0 hidden) | Trackback
I saw Phish twice by georgeha (6.00 / 2) #1 Wed May 26, 2004 at 02:09:23 AM EST
they weren't as good as the Dead, or the Talking Heads.

Agreed, by illsorted (3.00 / 0) #2 Wed May 26, 2004 at 02:12:04 AM EST
although I've never seen those two bands. I have seen the Dead minus Jerry (whatever they are calling themselves), which was fun. Except when Phil sings. Ugh.

The Grateful Dead minus Jerry by georgeha (3.00 / 0) #4 Wed May 26, 2004 at 02:26:08 AM EST
is like a BLT minus the Bacon. Sure, bread, mayo, tomatos and lettuce are tasty, but it's not a BLT, though by 1993 and later, it was more like a BLT with a few tiny Bacos instead of huge slabs of salty pig.

... by Anonymous (3.00 / 0) #3 Wed May 26, 2004 at 02:13:59 AM EST

The Stop Making Sense tour, 1984? by georgeha (6.00 / 1) #5 Wed May 26, 2004 at 02:28:17 AM EST
It was the best arena non-chemically enhanced concert I've been to.

gnaw? by MillMan (6.00 / 1) #6 Wed May 26, 2004 at 02:37:18 AM EST
you didn't mention the gf (or perhaps a now current lackthereof...)

GNAW! by illsorted (6.00 / 1) #7 Wed May 26, 2004 at 02:42:55 AM EST
Indeed, I did not. Status is the same as before.

If I relocate she will not be accompanying me. Of course, she is unaware of the possibility of my relocation.

GNAW! by MohammedNiyalSayeed (3.00 / 0) #10 Wed May 26, 2004 at 04:38:48 AM EST

In that case, make sure you take the job. What you lose in pay for government work, you more than make up in benefits. You can get sick every day for a year, and never get fired. You can even go to one of those... what do they call them? Oh yeah, "dentists". They're like doctors, but for teeth.

Exactly by illsorted (6.00 / 1) #12 Wed May 26, 2004 at 05:16:45 AM EST
I earn decent paid vacation and sick leave here (and also 401(k)), but those are the only benefits. I get a monthly "insurance stipend" of $100, but you can't buy a decent single plan for that amount here, so I allot that money to my tobacco habit. Ha!

The state, on the other hand, will pay me comparable salary (can probably negotiate for more), guaranteed annual raises, and excellent benefits.

Along with the so-called "dentists" there is also the eye doctor, who I'm told can help with my poor vision and provide me with replacement "corrective lenses".

'Time to catch up on my favorite HuSi diarists' by gazbo (6.00 / 1) #8 Wed May 26, 2004 at 02:45:45 AM EST
Sorry, I've not actually written one in the past week.

Touche by illsorted (3.00 / 0) #9 Wed May 26, 2004 at 02:53:37 AM EST
You're not on my list, but yours is one that I read if I see it on the diary page. So many diaries, so little time.

good thing you by joh3n (6.00 / 1) #11 Wed May 26, 2004 at 05:07:07 AM EST
didnt say you went to north dakota, cause I would have exposed you as a liar.  North Dakota doesn't exist.

----