Print Story Oh no, they got muchagecko!
By fencepost (Tue May 18, 2004 at 12:25:07 AM EST) (all tags)
Well, unless it's odd quirkiness with HuSi, our gecko appears to have taken down her diary. I know I'm going to leave it on my hotlist so I'll know if she puts up an update of good news, but a bit of advice otherwise:

I'm assuming it's because there's evidence that PA D had found it or was being fed information from it.

If you're tempted to put up another one under a different username (here or on K5), resist the temptation - if you tell the folks you want to have commenting your new username, they'll comment and their comments may be followed to it. You could probably do an invite-only LJ instead.

Finally, best of luck - I hope things improve for you. If you're sending out updates to people I'd love to hear from you, just use any address at fencepost.net and I should see it.

< A couple of frustrated bachelors sitting on a beach in brazil | BBC White season: 'Rivers of Blood' >
Oh no, they got muchagecko! | 12 comments (12 topical, 0 hidden) | Trackback
here here by Dr H0ffm4n (6.00 / 3) #1 Tue May 18, 2004 at 02:51:24 AM EST
It's sad if that's the case. but better safe than sorry I suppose.
Selfishly I'll miss gecko diaries, but understand.

Good luck MG.

She's still here. by ti dave (6.00 / 2) #2 Tue May 18, 2004 at 03:49:16 AM EST
She tossed off a comment in my Monday Diary last night.

I don't care if people hate my guts; I assume most of them do.
The important question is whether they are in a position to do anything about it. --W.S. Burroughs

Right, but by fencepost (6.00 / 1) #3 Tue May 18, 2004 at 05:17:08 AM EST
There's a big difference between the occasional comments (probably without much significant content) and a diary with significant information on how her life's going.

Second by NucleophilicAttack (6.00 / 2) #4 Tue May 18, 2004 at 05:33:07 AM EST
Apologies for the me-too, but also hoping it's just a HuSi database glitch. I'd be sorry to see muchagecko go if it's really that she's needed to disappear.

Well muchagecko, if you're reading this and needed to disappear, I'm wishing you the best of luck. I'd also love to hear from you -- I think you have my .edu address.

-N

muchagecko by blixco (6.00 / 3) #5 Tue May 18, 2004 at 05:40:22 AM EST
That name was atcully fairly easy to tie to her real name, with the proper search.

I tell ya, though: if $deity ever graces me with the opportunity to meet this PA D guy.....well, let's just call the results spectacular.
---------------------------------
I get by on automatic
No surprise at all

I don't know what happened here by aphrael (6.00 / 2) #6 Tue May 18, 2004 at 05:44:28 AM EST
but I know she requested her k5 diaries be removed.
I'm saying nothing by hulver (6.00 / 3) #7 Tue May 18, 2004 at 08:49:55 AM EST
Except it's not a database glitch.
Cheese is not a hat. - clock
Its killing me by muchagecko (6.00 / 3) #8 Tue May 18, 2004 at 02:41:40 PM EST
But safety is an issue.

I'll make comments because PA D is probably too stupid to track my comments.

I'll try to find another way.

The only people to get even with are those that have helped you.

Drop me a line sometime by fencepost (6.00 / 2) #9 Tue May 18, 2004 at 04:58:25 PM EST
I have suggestions, but I'm not sure this is really the place to be putting them.

I sent a message a few days ago. by muchagecko (3.00 / 0) #10 Sun May 23, 2004 at 03:18:24 PM EST
Did you get it?

The only people to get even with are those that have helped you.
I sent a response, by fencepost (6.00 / 1) #11 Wed May 26, 2004 at 06:02:02 AM EST
But it looks like you didn't get it. I'll send it again, it's coming from alan@ my domain.... Sent.

Let me know if it doesn't show up and I'll shoot it out from a different server/domain combo in case that's the problem.

Yes! by muchagecko (3.00 / 0) #12 Wed Jun 02, 2004 at 02:38:51 PM EST
Got it - I'll respond soon. Thanks.

The only people to get even with are those that have helped you.
Oh no, they got muchagecko! | 12 comments (12 topical, 0 hidden) | Trackback