Print Story I for one welcome our new cross dressing timelords
By Gully Foyle (Sun Oct 05, 2003 at 09:06:18 PM EST) (all tags)

Ooh, my first diary entry.
< caffeine o.d. & saucy daydreams | BBC White season: 'Rivers of Blood' >
I for one welcome our new cross dressing timelords | 9 comments (9 topical, 0 hidden) | Trackback
Really can't see Izzard in the role by TPD (6.00 / 1) #1 Sun Oct 05, 2003 at 09:56:49 PM EST
Alan Davis though would be an excellent choice, especially if the Doctor took on a job inventing Intergalactic Magic tricks, and started solving crimes that were seemingly impossible in both time and space.

If Richard E Grant gets it... I am going to personally take out a bombing campaign against the BBC!

why sit, when you can sit and swivel with The Ab-SwivellerTM

Especially since Paul McGann has already done it. by Gully Foyle (5.00 / 1) #2 Sun Oct 05, 2003 at 10:00:34 PM EST
The changeover/morphing scene would be pretty trippy in a Withnail and I acid flashback way though.

Kind of hopefull by TPD (6.00 / 1) #4 Sun Oct 05, 2003 at 10:10:06 PM EST
they will forget all about the Paul McGann movie/incarnation, and go straight from Sylvester McCoy, maybe they could have Ace wake up and find him still incarnated in the shower or something...

On second thoughts who was Colin Baker's assistant!

why sit, when you can sit and swivel with The Ab-SwivellerTM

2nd hand comment by Merekat (5.50 / 2) #5 Sun Oct 05, 2003 at 10:14:45 PM EST
Apparently McGann wasn't a bad Dr. - just the script sucked. Might be worth him having another shot at it.

Can't remember who said it, but I think Julie Walters would be excellent:)

A female Doctor - Interesting.... by TPD (6.00 / 1) #6 Sun Oct 05, 2003 at 10:20:23 PM EST
This of course leads to the possibility of Zora Suleman taking the role!!!!

Zora for Doctor Who, we can make it happen folks!

why sit, when you can sit and swivel with The Ab-SwivellerTM

Please, not Alan Davis by Herring (5.66 / 3) #7 Sun Oct 05, 2003 at 10:25:49 PM EST
Unruly curly hair does not a doctor make.

Boris Johnson would probably be the closest to Tom Baker.

christ, we're all old now - StackyMcRacky

Dr Eddie by zaichik (3.00 / 0) #3 Sun Oct 05, 2003 at 10:01:12 PM EST
Having seen Eddie Izzards's live show, I can imagine how surreal the dialogue could get.  I saw him talk for 10 minutes about cats with drills, drilling behind his sofa.  Daleks with drills I could imagine, but cats no..

Right now I'm having amnesia and deja vu at the same time. I think I've forgotten this before.

Cybermen on spikes? by Gully Foyle (5.00 / 1) #8 Sun Oct 05, 2003 at 11:03:09 PM EST
Oh no, the tardis is full of bees!

i think by tps12 (3.00 / 1) #9 Mon Oct 06, 2003 at 01:14:37 AM EST
Rowan Atkinson would be great. They could call it Dr Bean.